• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The lady in my dreams (classical guitar)

The lady in my dreams (classical guitar)

This is a classical guitar piece. It uses the JABB acoustic guitar. I hope you enjoy it.

UPDATE: 9-1-07, Based on suggestions people have made, I have made the sound a little wetter, and increased the sustain in some parts. Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: The lady in my dreams (classical guitar)

Hi, Jay

This strikes me as a very "well made piece" - and that's a phrase perhaps more often used in theatre, meaning something which is admirably elegant and tailored.

I feel it must do justice to "The lady in my dreams" - because it's as pretty a piece of music as I imagine she must be. Works well with the JABB guitar also!

Seems like you've become rather prolific, Jay - congrats to you for more work very well done!

Randy B.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

This is a very nice piece both in composition and execution. The GPO guitar works very well here and your control over it makes it all the better.

I enjoyed this piece very much.

Thank you for sharing.

Gorgeous little piece! I just received JABB (thanks to Gary!) just the other day and hadn't realized there is this beautiful guitar there. I love this piece. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

you did a nice job here...........but i do have have a few questions
    1. did you procuce a score with this? If so, I would love to have the oppurtunity to take a look if you would not mind. If you do, I would understand as well.

2. It is written in some what of a J. S. Bach style.......was that your inspiration?

3. You have a lot of control over the work as stated before......However, I personally would like to hear a touch more reverb on this rendition....FOR ME it sounds a little dry and too closed in kinda of like you recoreded it in a small room. I kinda of did the same thing about twenty some odd years ago with my NEW TASCAM porta one cassette studio....Unfortunatly for me some one else liked the tape so much they decided to keep it. But I do think that It would sound wounderful if it was opened up a bit.

4. I have other questions for you but I am running out of time this morning. Have to go to work.........but I still think you did a very very good job here....

three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

The piece develops nicely, and keeps going into some unexpected areas. Made for interesting listening, in that I never knew what was coming next; yet it always made sense, so Good Job!

The guitar - sigh... you do a nice job, but it needs more reverb and sustain; and some EQ... There is a lot to fiddle with, and as one who has done so without success, I wish you luck. How does this sound on the harp? Please understand that theh negativity is not aimed at you, but rather the difficulty of getting the guitar to sound good, or at least comparable with other GPO/JABB instruments.

Still, a nice work.

Thanks for sharing.
    Ron Pearl

That's two minutes and forty-four seconds of good listening, Mr. Jay. I like it. Very professional.

I concur with others above that your work needs some reverb and it would be beneficial if you would increase the setting on the "length" (sustain) control.

Nice work!

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

I enjoyed this piece very much, Jay!

A nice work!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I love classical guitar and I like this work of yours, Jay.
    I love the sound of this JABB guitar. I certainly would like to write for such a guitar myself.
    I think that another instrument added as a melody would sound lovely with it...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast