• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Locking memory error!

Share/Bookmark

Locking memory error!

Hi everyone!

I'm back after an extended absence, but that's a story for another day and a LOT of beer.

Wouldn't you know tho, my first post is a desperate cry for help. I finally started working on a project that will call for the Strad, which I've had lovingly shelved for months. I loaded it up and took the opportunity to update GPO and GJBB to K2.

When I open the K2 player in Sonar 6.2.1, it IMMEDIATELY crashes all my UAD plugins with an out-of-memory error. In addition, sometimes I get the following error message from Kontakt 2 Player:

"ATTENTION! Locking memory does not seem to work properly. Under certain circumstances, this might result in bad performance, notes being cut off or other artefacts. Please make sure that you are logged in with administrative priviledges!"

I am the administrator obviously. And I'm getting this error on 2 different machines, one with Win XP Pro x64, the other with Win XP SP2 32-bit. I have the problem in both plugin and standalone mode, so I've narrowed pretty definitively to the K2Player running GPO, GJBB and Strad.

I checked the NI forums, and someone was getting the identical error message, but nobody had responded to his post in several months. Anyone have any ideas??

Hope you're all well, good to be back
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

Re: Locking memory error!

Can anyone else confirm this? Try to open 2 instances of K2 and/or K2 player 2.2.3 and see if you get:

"ATTENTION! Locking memory does not seem to work properly. Under certain circumstances, this might result in bad performance, notes being cut off or other artefacts. Please make sure that you are logged in with administrative priviledges!"

Repeatable for me every time on two completely different systems...
    www.stevegoers.com

Yes, Steve, I get the above message in standalone mode with KP2. I don't have Sonar 6. I stopped at 6 instances in standalone mode with KP1 with out any messages. I think i could have had many more instances. i haven't been much help but may be someone with more experiance will chime in.

David

A lot more helpful than you think, David! At least I know it's not just me!
    www.stevegoers.com

SteveGoers, it is never you. It is a combination of drivers, CPU power and memory available and maybe other hidden things from the OS. In a certain config. with Sonar I could load 6 instances of KP2 (didn't try it to the limit) and now I am working with Overture (notation program) and have 8 KP1's loaded. And all without any complaints.

Except Overture/KP1-loading is nacking about low memory when I tell Overture to make Audio files at 24 bits and 96000. When I set it back to CD quality (16 bits and 44.100) then it goes without any "poetry".

Raymond

Yes, I have seen this message as well when I tried to open a standalone instance of Kontakt additionally to the ones living in Reaper.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62

with Sonar I could load 6 instances of KP2 (didn't try it to the limit) and now I am working with Overture (notation program) and have 8 KP1's loaded. And all without any complaints.
    Hey, Raymond,

It's not my drivers (all the most recent), my CPU (AMD64 dual core 6000+) or my memory (4GB DDR 800). This happens literally every time I open a second instance of either K2 or KP2. On BOTH of my computers, one running the dual-core AMD under WinXP Pro x64, one running an Intel P4 with WinXP SP2. I can stack KP1 instances and Kompakt instruments all day, it's only K2/KP2 that has this issue.

Have you tried loading 6 instances of KP2 since the latest 2.2.3 update? That's when this bug has apparently appeared, I'd be really interested to see what the common denominator is for those of us who have this problem
    www.stevegoers.com

Steve, I just loaded TWO instances of KP2-The Strad, which is not exactly the same as the updates version 2.2.3. Only at the third one it complains about memory locking stuff.

In another thread I told this community that I won't update and install the KP2 as a tool like KP1. I have some other problems with it.

Sorry not to give you any more help on this,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Steve, I just loaded TWO instances of KP2-The Strad, which is not exactly the same as the updates version 2.2.3. Only at the third one it complains about memory locking stuff.
    But you did get the locking error message. NI has responded to my bug report saying that there's no problem on their end and that it must be a either a library problem or a problem with my system, completely ignoring that I told them it's happening on my full version of K2, on two different machines, and that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

That's four of us now. Anyone else try this? Loading multiple instances of the K2 player (2.2.3)? If we can get some more confirmation, it's going to be hard for NI to pass the buck anymore.
    www.stevegoers.com

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoers
    But you did get the locking error message. NI has responded to my bug report saying that there's no problem on their end and that it must be a either a library problem or a problem with my system, completely ignoring that I told them it's happening on my full version of K2, on two different machines, and that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

That's four of us now. Anyone else try this? Loading multiple instances of the K2 player (2.2.3)? If we can get some more confirmation, it's going to be hard for NI to pass the buck anymore.
    I just tried it. Happened on 3rd instance (standalone). Loaded up 8 in Sonar Home Studio 6 with no error.

Go Back to forum