• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KH VS Pro IntervaLive

Share/Bookmark

KH VS Pro IntervaLive

Hello,

The pdf manual of Kirk Hunter Ruby says
    IntervaLive is completely polyphonic and requires that you raise or lower the pitch wheel depending on which direction you want the interval to go.
    My notation software can't change pitch wheel value by its articulation symbols, but it can change controllers value (CC#1 and so on) by them. So, I hope to use CC as substitute for pitch wheel when I want to create an interval. Can I customize Ruby for this end? How can I do?

Thanks in advance.
    Tatsu
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

Re: KH VS Pro IntervaLive

On the Mac there is a utility called "Midipipe" that can do precisely this - you would patch it in before your notation program and set it to convert from one MIDI data type to another. There's a similar thing for PC, but I can't remember it's name... maybe it's pne or the other of MIDIOX and/or MIDIYOKE

Quote Originally Posted by mpmusicny
    On the Mac there is a utility called "Midipipe" that can do precisely this - you would patch it in before your notation program and set it to convert from one MIDI data type to another. There's a similar thing for PC, but I can't remember it's name... maybe it's pne or the other of MIDIOX and/or MIDIYOKE
    Thanks. "Midipipe" is a big hint. For PC users, the combination of MIDIYOKE and Bome's MIDI Translator may be worth being tried out. But it seems very cumbersome to make many MIDI loops for every strings and the other tracks. Thanks again.
    Tatsu Nagao

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    You could also do it with a script in K2 itself. Now I'm NOT a scripting expert I just know that you could do that pretty easy. What notation program are you using, cause I've been thinking about trying to get a group together to program a human playback "setup" for use with Finale, though I have though since that it might be easier to just create a script in K2 that translates the GPO controls into whatever library you wanna use.

Any K2 script writers input would be most welcome on this.

Tom
    Hello, Tom
    Unfortunately, the scripts of the KH Ruby in K2 are password-protected. I suppose I can do nothing but getting help from Kirk if I want to edit the scripts.

I'm using mainly Overture4 and sometimes Finale2007. Your idea is really something, but as of now, I should think the minority group of Overture users needs somebody who writes Overture's instrumnets defenition files for KH libraries, and I hope to do it and start my project from this time.

BTW, I'm falling in love with Ruby's espressivo sounds. I bless myself.
    Tatsu Nagao

Even though they are password-protected, they can still be moved around, allowing you to run a script before the KH_GS processes it. Here's how:
    1. Load up a VsPro/Ruby instrument.
    2. Go to the script tab, select "Save Preset" and save it to your scripts directory.
    3. Choose empty from the tab now. This will clear slot 1 and allow you to load a different "pre-processing script."
    4. Go to the second slot and from the drop-down you can select KH_GS. Now you can run a filter patch before Kirk's scripting gets it. You can also save the instrument now to reflect this change (though I'd use a different name).

(Some instances are probably KH_GS different, depending on the instrument, so you might want to specify it on saving)

Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Even though they are password-protected, they can still be moved around, allowing you to run a script before the KH_GS processes it. Here's how:

Reegs
    Reegs,
    Thank you for very useful information.
    Only thing that remains and I have to do is scouting out or writing a K2 script which translates MIDI CC to pitchbend. Now that it seems I'm getting to the answer.

Tom,
    I'll share the K2 script with you when well done.

Tatsu
    Tatsu Nagao

Quote Originally Posted by Doralin
    Reegs,
    Thank you for very useful information.
    Only thing that remains and I have to do is scouting out or writing a K2 script which translates MIDI CC to pitchbend. Now that it seems I'm getting to the answer.
    Glad to be of assistance!

As to remapping, this is doable, the only thing however is that pitchbend data uses a different scale than CC's (offhand I want to say the range is from -4096 to +4096). So there'd be a bit of math involved and you'd certainly lose resolution on the pitchbend values.

Check out Nils' scripts as well as doing a search on the scripting forum for possible scripts to do the job. Nickie's script may have support for pitchbend.

But if you guys are still hunting for a script, I can play around with making a quick version of one tonight.

Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    But if you guys are still hunting for a script, I can play around with making a quick version of one tonight.

Reegs
    Wow, GREAT!!
    I look forward to your script. Thanks.
    Tatsu Nagao

Quote Originally Posted by Doralin
    Wow, GREAT!!
    I look forward to your script. Thanks.
    Big Bob has already provided you with the code you'll need. Just load an empty script slot before Kirk's script, paste it in, and hit apply. Voila!

Reegs

Thanks.

I've just noticed replies from Bob and Nils now.
    Tatsu Nagao

Go Back to forum