• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help on synth electronica sounds

Share/Bookmark

Help on synth electronica sounds

Hi everyone,
    so I've started a game soundtrack, and one of the request they made was to mix "synth pulse" sounds with the orchestra - problem is, I don't have anything good like that and don't know what to go after :/ So I'm hoping people here will have some good suggestions.

Re: Help on synth electronica sounds

K - I'd recommend you take a look at Vanguard. At $89.99, it's cheaper than most sample libraries - I'd recommend picking up as many of the 3rd party sound banks they sell too. I'ts one of my "go-to" VI's - best synth I've ever bought for under $100!

buy Atmosphere then Trilogy Bass. Use Bass as the main pulse something like a moog bass or acid *up to you* have that on the main beat or off beat.

Take Atmosphere go through the synth sounds and have that as counter pulse to the bass, or use it as Gate trance effect, becareful what you decide to use make sure the timbres mix well with the orchestra, either cutting through the mix or blending in. also could use even Midi fx to the out of the vst and get great fx that way for the synth pulse fx sound.

Use delays and Reverb on the Synth sound, take a flanger and make it go in and out of the pulse so it's on another beat and your automating it(or use a filter, or some other fx , point here create a ducking sound)

there ya go. Use the money for both vsts towards the project talk to the producer for the project.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

LOL Atmoshere would replace about seven different main synths.

*rolls eyes*

each does there own.

These are all interesting suggestions. Do you have time to delve into a complex soft-synth program, and are you interested in doing that sort of programming? If so go get one or all of the "workhorse synths" mentioned.

If not I agree with the Atmosphere/Trilogy Bass suggestion. This is probably the quickest way for you to get the sounds the people who you are working for want. Like it or not, they probably want sounds they've heard before, which were quite likely made with Atmosphere/Trilogy.

Programming synths is easy once you know how, then you can shape any sound you want quickly.

to be quite honest with you I would also go with Ohm Force plugins they F*** Rule! All of them even! there synths there fx are all there own and they are awesome!
    Worth owning and using to anything you are working on.
    http://www.ohmforce.com/HomePage.do
    and if you have a mac and aren't living in a Cave then you need
    Soundtoys! VST isn't till 2008 though.

But even a free synth on KVR could do what you want when working on a project though you have a time constraint. So yea Atmosphere and Trilogy woudl get the job done fast.

laterz

wow, lot of suggestions here - thanks for that I've never really been into the synth sound, so programming something would be a first for me.
    It is for a sci-fi project, and a lot of the synth is for a sort of dark ambiance sound.
    but I'll try and listen to all of your suggestions I'm sure there's something there that's usable.

I suggest you listen to "Bastians Flight" by Klaus Doldinger (Neverending Story soundtrack). Absolutely Stunning.

Agreed, I have the German score CD - though on that one it is titled "Flug Auf Dem Glücksdrachen" (flight of the luckdragon). Haven't listened to it in a while, but now I have to.

Go Back to forum