• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: "The Secret"

Share/Bookmark

OT: "The Secret"

Sorry for the OT but I think it's actually very on topic considering what it is that many of us want from our craft. Just watched the film this morning and I have to say, many of the principles have already shown themselves to be true from my own experiences leading up to today. I just never thought of it in the way that it was presented as an entity all it's own. Very worthwhile viewing for me and I think it could inspire many of the rest of you. Now if you want this to be a little more on-topic, could someone tell me who scored this thing? I didnt see a music credit at the end.

http://thesecret.tv/movie/trailer.html

Re: OT: "The Secret"

Tell us the secret and save us $8.50 USD. :-)

Lol, you can probably rent it at your local video store or order it on an "On Demand" cable service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sec..._of_Attraction

Ahhh ... never mind. I found it.
    An old story repackaged as a film.

Pseudo science has nothing to do with morality.
    It doesn't lessen the value of, or enhance the value of anything other than what it proposes to study.

It seems you might as well ask why the auto repair man isn't discussing the planting of beans and carrots.

My wife got into this and asked me to watch it with her. I remember feeling a tad silly watching it but then towards the end feeling like they may have something. I think the message is "be nice, and think positive thoughts". The problem is that they have a bunch of testemonials of people saying they applied the secret and beat cancer or bought their 5 million dollar dream home etc. (The funny thing is it seems you have to buy the video in order for it all to work ) I'm sure there are a ton of positive thinking, super nice folks out there that are "putting out the vibe" and have not gotten their dreams to come true. Call me a cynic but I been dreaming about being a billionaire rock star since I was 10 and I am a nice guy on top of it all... How long does the secret take to kick in anyway? Should I have ordered the limited box set DVD?

Darren

(soon to be a billionaire rock god!)
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Consistent repeated affirmations work. Telling yourself over and over that you will fail or succeed will lead you to subconciously hinder or help yourself.

I doubt you need to rent a DVD to make use of this, but hey, if it gets a person motivated to think positive, why not?

Netflix has the movie

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Von Richter
    Consistent repeated affirmations work. Telling yourself over and over that you will fail or succeed will lead you to subconciously hinder or help yourself.
    ... and may lead to a gigantic spiritual egotrip.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

I think there is a lot of wisdom in their approach.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum