• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Garritan early instrument library?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan early instrument library?

Hi Gary,

I don't know if people have asked this before, but have you thought about creating an early instrument - i.e. mediaeval, renaissance and baroque - library? Would anybody else be interested?

GPO and JABB are wonderful by the way and I'm looking forward to getting Marching Band.

Chris

Cubase 4 & Sibelius 5

Re: Garritan early instrument library?

I'd certainly be really interested in a library with Gary's trademark playability. I have the Early Patches, which sounds great, but was done back in the days of AKAI, so it is light on actual samples and programming.

That would be brilliant! I perssonally would love to see a library of Eastern instruments too. Perhaps incorporating the more unusual ways of playing percussion (like bowed cymbals etc)?! Come on Mr Garritan, you've never let us down before! Work your maigc!
    Last edited by BenNichols; 09-03-2007 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Called Mr Garritan Common by mistake! sorry!

Yes, Gary, you're so common.

But seriously, this would make a great library!
    Best of luck,
    David Guinness

Dell P4 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2, Finale 2007c, GPO and JABB with KP2
    HP AMD 2.3Ghz Dual, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Premium, Finale 2008, GPO, JABB, Gofriller Solo Cello with KP2

Man, I personally think that Garritan got enough on their plate to be honest. Plus, there probably isn't enough of a demand for such a project...
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Hi Gary,

I don't know if people have asked this before, but have you thought about creating an early instrument - i.e. mediaeval, renaissance and baroque - library? Would anybody else be interested?

GPO and JABB are wonderful by the way and I'm looking forward to getting Marching Band.

Chris

Cubase 4 & Sibelius 5
    Hello Chris,

I totally agree with you.

Some time ago Gary asked for thoughts on his developing GPOA (Garritan Personal Orchestra Advanced) and I asked for more early instruments. Gary gave a positive reply and intimated that he might go with this. I will try to find that thread.

Sooo .. roll on GPOA
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

aww, a library for film and tv would be amazing! that would be perfect for me! anyone else?! Or am I gonna have to fund the wonderful Mr Garritan to make a library just for me?! (I wish!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Hello Chris,

I totally agree with you.

Some time ago Gary asked for thoughts on his developing GPOA (Garritan Personal Orchestra Advanced) and I asked for more early instruments. Gary gave a positive reply and intimated that he might go with this. I will try to find that thread.

Sooo .. roll on GPOA
    Michael,

Thanks, that sounds encouraging, though I realise that Garritan have a lot going on. I'll have a look for the GPOA thread.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Hi Gary,

Chris,

We have received a number of requests for historical instruments. And this is certainly something I would like to do once I clear the logjam of other libraries.

We recorded quite a few early instruments already. Let me know which instruments in particular you would like sampled.

Gary Garritan

pre-morning-coffee trombone... that one has GOT to be good for a laugh

oh, wait, that's not the "early" you guys are talking about?

Go Back to forum