• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Concert and Marching Band

Share/Bookmark

Concert and Marching Band

Help me!

I was stunned to see the software arrive in just two days. I rushed home, opened the box and installed the software. That's when things went terribly wrong.

The manual said that since I already had a Kontakt 2 player installed I needed only the library.

I did that, but:

Now when I open my Cubase LE and bring down the instruments I have GPO, Kontakt Player 2, Kontakt Player 2_16 out and Kontakt Player 2_8 out - but no instruments.

Also, I cannot find the dll file anywhere.

Well, thought I, that's not right. So I started all over again - this time I just let the installer have its own way - - nothing.

Anyone know how to remedy this frustrating situation.

Re: Concert and Marching Band

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    Help me!

I was stunned to see the software arrive in just two days. I rushed home, opened the box and installed the software. That's when things went terribly wrong.

The manual said that since I already had a Kontakt 2 player installed I needed only the library.

I did that, but:

Now when I open my Cubase LE and bring down the instruments I have GPO, Kontakt Player 2, Kontakt Player 2_16 out and Kontakt Player 2_8 out - but no instruments.

Also, I cannot find the dll file anywhere.

Well, thought I, that's not right. So I started all over again - this time I just let the installer have its own way - - nothing.

Anyone know how to remedy this frustrating situation.
    Tom,

You have to load one of the Kontakt Player 2 vsti's then click on the browser button. Your GPO and Marching Band should show up on the left where you can load your instruments from

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC
    Tom,

You have to load one of the Kontakt Player 2 vsti's then click on the browser button. Your GPO and Marching Band should show up on the left where you can load your instruments from
    Umm when I load my instruments from what?

Are you saying that I am supposed to have 3 Kontakt2s show up in the instruments list of my old Kontakt2 player? (which is what's happening now)

Hi, Tom - Allow me to step in here, even though I don't have the Marching Band.

I can tell you that yes, you have 3 versions of KP2. There's the full one, then two smaller ones in case that's all you need - one with 16 audio outs, the other with 8.

From inside Cubase, you choose the Kontact you want. Inside that, on the left, you should see your KP2 libraries.

So, "...when I load my instruments from what?..." --the answer being, from whatever Kontact you have loaded!

The GPO you have listed in your VST choice list is the earlier KP1 version.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Tom - Allow me to step in here, even though I don't have the Marching Band.

I can tell you that yes, you have 3 versions of KP2. There's the full one, then two smaller ones in case that's all you need - one with 16 audio outs, the other with 8.

From inside Cubase, you choose the Kontact you want. Inside that, on the left, you should see your KP2 libraries.

So, "...when I load my instruments from what?..." --the answer being, from whatever Kontact you have loaded!

The GPO you have listed in your VST choice list is the earlier KP1 version.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    I get the basic gist of that. So, I load the entire disk - as is. Then I will try to find all the other elements. I am extremely anxious to get started.

Five hours or trying, re-read the manual a dozen times: Still cannot assign instruments to imported midi files, or even assign instruments. For example, when I open brass I get a trumpet - no manner of changes get any other instrument to come up.

EG:

I import a midi file, go to VST instruments and select Kontakt2, but that's where it all ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    Five hours or trying, re-read the manual a dozen times: Still cannot assign instruments to imported midi files, or even assign instruments. For example, when I open brass I get a trumpet - no manner of changes get any other instrument to come up.

EG:

I import a midi file, go to VST instruments and select Kontakt2, but that's where it all ends.
    Tom,

in the past I have had the same problem with another library. Then I opend the KP2 in standalone-modus, then there I clicked to the Options-Menue, there to the "Surch" buttem and selected the new library-folder. After that all worked fine, also as vst-instrument in my cubase... .

Hope this helps.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

How can I determine when I should be getting my CMB?
    I recall making an order before all of the "it should be ready by...." last Fall. I purchased a new computer -in anticipation of getting it- in November.
    Gary

Gary, don't request a tracking number or else you may find yourself doing this:

However, assuming you are in the United States, it shouldn't be long now. Just give it a few days (it is possible to wait that long, just very unethical to make people wait months, then a few extra days ).
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by garymosse
    How can I determine when I should be getting my CMB?
    I recall making an order before all of the "it should be ready by...." last Fall. I purchased a new computer -in anticipation of getting it- in November.
    Gary
    On the last sunday, Gary wasn`t in our great chat.

Why?

He helped to pack up and send all the libraries away. Its neighbours had already weighted about the many trucks.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum