• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another simulation problem for Piano :

Share/Bookmark

Another simulation problem for Piano :

Another simulation problem for Piano :

when you play a Key and release it, the sound stop when the key is in double escape of the Grand Piano.

We should use aftertouch to improve damper simulation and release

Re: Another simulation problem for Piano :

Hi Olivier:

Not sure what you mean. Can you expand on this a bit. Thanks

Dd

Hi,

The speed release of the damper in a real piano depend how to you play with the double escape of a grand piano, and how fast you release a key.

And it's more easy to play legato on a real piano, because the action of the damper are more natural.

The keys becomes dampered slowly when you play legato on a piano, if you release slowly the keys while you play the next key.

With a good Roland (Aftertouch/release velocity) Keyboard or studiologic and a Kontakt script, i could find a soluce.

But my MP9000 doesn't have aftertouch like several master keyboard

Get a second hand Oberheim MC3000. 48 programmable velocity curves. For example, Rhodes need to be struck hard to make 'em bark. The grand piano needs a different one. My point being that this controller is customizable per library, and has after touch. It only lacks polyphonic aftertouch, which would be helpful for your scenario. Each key would trigger a different aftertouch curve, not a global response, but polyphonic response.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    But my MP9000 doesn't have aftertouch like several master keyboard
    Yes, that sucks that the Kawai's don't have aftertouch, I also have an Kawai (MP9500 Stage Piano). Its funny, that my Alesis QS8 has aftertouch, but the more expensive MP9500 does not. Regardless, it is a fantastic controller for piano through.

Dd

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier

With a good Roland (Aftertouch/release velocity) Keyboard or studiologic and a Kontakt script, i could find a soluce.
    Hi, Olivier!

Just curious. In your 'soluce' to simulate real piano legato, do you plan to use aftertouch only, release velocity only, or a combination of both?

About release velocity triggering the release time, the pianoteq has it.

Go Back to forum