• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: V-Stack Under Intel Mac Doesn't work afterall

Share/Bookmark

V-Stack Under Intel Mac Doesn't work afterall

Trying to use V-Stack to run Atmos/Trilogy as a workaround.

We have Cubase4 installed but have renamed the VST folder to make sure it's not a plugin causing the problem. V-Stack just hangs at 'VST Multitrack' in the small loading window.

Any ideas? Spectrum?
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Re: V-Stack Under Intel Mac Doesn't work afterall

Its not because of intel, V-Stack does not run since OSX 10.4.
    I got a mail that Racks will be continued by audiofile-engineering:
    https://www.audiofile-engineering.com/rax.php

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Thanks.

Goddamit this is getting ridiculous. Everywhere I turn, opportunities for work-arounds are denied.

It would probably be a good idea if this 'workaround' for Intel Macs was removed from the Spectrasonics site!

That's £36 down the tubes as well.

Really not very happy.
    -----------------
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Have you considered to install V-Stack withTrilogy and Atmosphere on your giga pc?

best
    Hans

Sorry for the trouble you're having. What type of Intel Mac do you have? V-Stack works fine in 10.4 with all the Laptops and iMacs. The eight cores have been reporting problems lately though.

This is a temporary situation however. Much better solutions are on the way.

Yes it's a brand new 8-core machine Eric.

Re: using Giga machine - we're being forced to do this having exhausted all other avenues.

We got as far as using Rax and JackOS for routing, which actually works (!!) but it requires that core audio in the main sequencer be set to Jack OS for all outputs - hugely inconvenient.

BTW Do Trilogy and Atmos accept midi program change messages Eric? Might make using midi over lan on PC approach easier.

We await developments with baited breath

Thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.

Cheers, Jim
    -----------------
    9 Gig RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein
    Its not because of intel, V-Stack does not run since OSX 10.4.
    I got a mail that Racks will be continued by audiofile-engineering:
    https://www.audiofile-engineering.com/rax.php

Chris Hein
    I have been a long term fan of VStack but it definitely doesn´t work reliably with OS 10.4. Additionally there is no way to use recent versions of Kontakt or Kontakt Player (the GUI is not working).

Overall VStack is a dead product for Mac users and won´t be developed further. The new developers of Rack announced that they will integrate VST support as well as multiple outputs with the upcoming 3.0 update. So I believe that Rax is the way to go on a Mac.
    regards
    Raindog

Eric,

Seriously, I love your products but it's time to ~~~~ the UB updates.... it's been a loooong time.

giga

Quote Originally Posted by croftish
    Yes it's a brand new 8-core machine Eric.
    Shoot. The V-Stack solution is not gonna work.

Re: using Giga machine - we're being forced to do this having exhausted all other avenues.
    That's at least a reliable solution for the moment.

BTW Do Trilogy and Atmos accept midi program change messages Eric? Might make using midi over lan on PC approach easier.
    No. Best to use a KVM switch for the remote PC.

We await developments with baited breath
    They're on the way.

Thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.
    You got it.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    They're on the way.
    Hmmmm......... If I were the type of person that likes to dissect someones statements, take them out of context and read between the lines in the interest of fostering speculation and anticipation, I might suggest that this is indeed a highly positive statement that might mean that we could possibly expect it sooner than say....later???

HEADLINE

"Eric Persing announces that the long awaited Intel updates for Atmosphere and Trilogy are on the way!!!"
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Go Back to forum