• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Sudden stroke

Share/Bookmark

Sudden stroke

A question? This forum has members. A lot of the participants have their real name - more or less - but quite a bunch of guys/girls use aliasses like DPDAN, EtLux, Snorlax, etc. I always wondered why? And where does it come from? There must be some basic argument for those.

Raymond

Re: Sudden stroke

We are members of a secret underground renegade society of composers seeking domination of all musical media throughout the known and unknown universe on all temporal planes. When the time is right, you will be designated your appropriate nomenclature.

Bosco Adama

Everyone on the web does it, and i just wanted to fit in.

Actually mine was intended to be sort of like an author's pseudonym. My last name is Leverington which is English, and although this family name includes writers, artists and actors and a famous actress, i thought it didn't have the right sound for literary or musical appeal. But now i'm kinda tired of Leaf (don't know where i came up with that one), and would like to think up a knew one, maybe.

David

I wanted to have the name Raymond (just my first name), but the forum mechanism told me that this already existed. So I added my age to it - in fact it must be 63, we are one year later - but it is nice to "think" that I am still 62.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    I wanted to have the name Raymond (just my first name), but the forum mechanism told me that this already existed. So I added my age to it - in fact it must be 63, we are one year later - but it is nice to "think" that I am still 62.

Raymond
    Cool! On the web you will never age past 62. I tried to use David on some news org's website and it added a number to it that was like 9 or 10 digits long.

This was the first forum I ever joined, and, at the time, it seemed like almost nobody (other than Gary Garritan and Chris Beck) used their real names, so I thought it was more or less obligatory to use an alias. I would change, but I'd have to create a new account and wouldn't be able to find my subscribed thread list.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco Adama
    We are members of a secret underground renegade society of composers seeking domination of all musical media throughout the known and unknown universe on all temporal planes. When the time is right, you will be designated your appropriate nomenclature.

Adama - the Tribunal will be looking into your writing of our secrets in a public forum. Have a nice day.

- The Management

P.S. Do you still have that quiche recipe?
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    P.S. Do you still have that quiche recipe?
    Yes, but it has been Rijndael encrypted.
    Alas, I've misplaced the cipher key!
    Bosco Adama

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    A question? This forum has members. A lot of the participants have their real name - more or less - but quite a bunch of guys/girls use aliasses like DPDAN, EtLux, Snorlax, etc. I always wondered why? And where does it come from? There must be some basic argument for those.

Raymond
    Raymond? Raymond ... who?
    Styxx

This Raymond

in London UK.
    My other trade...

Raymond

Go Back to forum