• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilogy/Nuendo/UVI bug

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy/Nuendo/UVI bug

Steinberg says that the Trilogy/UVI/Nuendo bug has been postively identified and that the fault is in the UVI engine. They also say that Spectrasonics has acknowledged this.

According to Steinberg, the UVI engine should be fixed already. I've been advised that if Spectrasonics updates their software to the fixed UVI engine, this bug will disappear.

Does anyone know whether Spectrasonics has done this already? Or if they plan to?

Re: Trilogy/Nuendo/UVI bug

hmmmm.... I thought you were beta testing Nuendo and said that Nuendo4 fixed the probelem?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I said it was fixed in C4 and I assumed that it would be fixed in N4. For some reason I don't understand, it appeared briefly in the early versions of C4 and then disappeared. It must have been some wierd driver interaction or something. Anyways, all I can tell you is Arne Scheffler, from Steinberg, says that Spectrasonics has acknowledged the bug was a defect in the UVI engine and that it should be fixed in the newest UVI version. He also says that if Spectrasonics will update their plugins with the new engine, that should solve it.

I hope Spectrasonics will now step up to the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by tekhead
    He also says that if Spectrasonics will update their plugins with the new engine, that should solve it.

I hope Spectrasonics will now step up to the plate.
    Spectrasonics has no plans to use the newest UVI engine; they made this announcement months ago:
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/in...trasonics.html

Spectrasonics states they will have "solutions" for Atmosphere and Trilogy "this Fall", but those will be using their own sample playback engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemaster
    Spectrasonics has no plans to use the newest UVI engine; they made this announcement months ago:
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/in...trasonics.html

Spectrasonics states they will have "solutions" for Atmosphere and Trilogy "this Fall", but those will be using their own sample playback engine.
    I can understand and support this. They've been burned badly by UVI with this bug. I think they were shocked to discover this (and possibly other) problem[s]. RMX runs prefectly with their in-house engine. If they can port Trilogy to their own engine, I am 100% supportive of this. UVI deserves to be abandoned. They should never have let it get this far. Eric is making the smart move here.

I can use C4 until Trilogy comes out this Fall. No problem. I hope they don't expect me to pay for this correction. The fault is not mine.

Thanks.

Go Back to forum