• Register
  • Help

Topic: Updating GPO and JABB

Share/Bookmark

Updating GPO and JABB

I have not visited the forum in a while, and I hear now and then of people updating GPO and JABB to the new Kontakt Player version 2. Is there a post by Garritan & Co. anywhere that explains the updating process thoroughly and makes it idiot proof? Just wondering. Also, has anybody experienced problems from updating, like everything worked fine before and now, the program doesn't work at all?? Just wondering... Any info appreciated, thanks.

Re: Updating GPO and JABB

The best place to start is here on the Garritan Wiki;

http://garritan.info/index.php/Perso...hestra_Updates

The above applies from going from Kontakt Player 1 to Kontakt Player 2.2.3. If you have a previous version of Kontakt Player 2 (2.0.0 to 2.2.2) and wish to know how to update, go here;

http://garritan.info/index.php/Updat...ntakt_Player_2

Personally, and I really do mean personally as not all of my friends here in our forums would do as I do, I did a total uninstall of everything, flushed out my system, did a system and registry clean then did a clean, fresh install. I installed my Finale 2008 first, followed by GPO then JaBB. I entered my registration codes for these and then, finally, installed the latest KP2 2.2.3 update and NI Service Centre and activated KP2.

The result is a trouble free - hassle free, perfect install with absolutely no problems at all. everything went perfectly like clockwork and everything works perfectly. Wonderful.

I repeat, however, not all my forum colleagues followed this, perhaps, extreme route but then a few have reported problems with extra folders or missing folders or extra libraries or missing libraries.

I accept my method is, perhaps, not for the faint hearted but I have a perfect, clean and fresh install and everything is hunky-dory.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    ................and everything is hunky-dory.
    Can you eat that?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    ............and everything is hunky-dory.
    Can you eat that?

Raymond

I love the Garritan wiki... Thanks very much for the link tmonaghan... And Michael, definitely you did the right thing... The problem is I just don't have that much time to devote to this... I am hoping that by following the instructions provided at the link, the program will appear as a vst instrument with the new player... That is really all I ask... I'm not linking it to something like a notation program, which I can understand can be problematic in playback...

Go Back to forum