• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Christmas Time Is Here"

Share/Bookmark

"Christmas Time Is Here" Vince Garaldi

I think this is one of the best seasonal songs ever written.
    I don't know what is causing the wavering at the end so any help will be welcomed.

http://www.box.net/shared/r98of194kb
    Sorry 'bout that.

Re: "Christmas Time Is Here"

Wonderful smooth sound, Mr. Steve! You are well into mastering the GPO legato.

As I mentioned to you before, the wavering is probably caused by the fact that all of the instruments playing at the end have exactly the same vibrato rate. I don't know how to change vibrato rates in GPO to correct this.

Nice work!

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I had to do a search on this song to place it.

It's a pretty song anytime. Sophisticated but with a child's heart.

You did a nice job on it.

Phil

Thumbs up Re: "Christmas Time Is Here"

I agree, one of the best, and you sure have done a fine rendering of it.

BraVO!!

If that's in public domain, or if you want to and can obtain rights, it would make a great piece to submit for the Garritan Christmas Album:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52927

You can scan through there or go to last page to see how people post the title of what they plan to submit, and DP Dan is makin a list - checkin it twice. Deadline for turning in a sbmittal is October 31, i think.

David

Re: "Christmas Time Is Here" Vince Garaldi

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    I think this is one of the best seasonal songs ever written.
    I don't know what is causing the wavering at the end so any help will be welcomed.

http://www.box.net/shared/r98of194kb
    Sorry 'bout that.
    The Charlie Brown Christmas Album/CD is one of the (if not THE) biggest Christmas-themed sellers of all time. Vince Guaraldi wrote some wonderful music for that show. You have captured the spirit of this song in a way I haven't heard before from other artists. Bravo!

Keith W.

A nice rendering, Steve. Love the
    chord progressions and the instrumentation.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hello again, sosmus

Thanks for fixing the link - But I can't make your Box postings work--?! I see a folder for "Christmas" Time as well as another choice which is titled slightly differently, and inside the folder is another version--But when I click to download any of them, I get the pop-up asking which program to open them with, since my computer doesn't seem to be recognizing anything posted as an MP3.

HMmmmm. HAs to be my problem here, since everyone else has been hearing and enjoying your post. - I've never had any kind of problem with Box posts, I use it myself.

I dunno! I'll try again tonight I guess!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Randy I had to click on the folder that appears from the link and then click on the song within that folder. I hope I got the right one. sosmus -- glad to hear you're up and running with GPO now. It seems like it was only a few weeks ago you were struggling with how to get started. Come to think of it, it was only a few weeks ago!
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Leaf] I agree, one of the best, and you sure have done a fine rendering of it.

BraVO!!

If that's in public domain, or if you want to and can obtain rights, it would make a great piece to submit for the Garritan Christmas Album:

I appreciate the kind words but I seriously doubt if "Christmas Time Is Here"
    is in public domain. Right now I'm more afraid Vince Guaraldi might sue me for mispelling his name.

sos

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast