• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2008 & JABB

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2008 & JABB

My question is: How do I integrate the JABB(Kontakt 2 Player) library into 2008 without overwriting the Kontakt 2 Player that Finale 2008 uses for the GPO?

Re: Finale 2008 & JABB

JABB KP2 is (probably) created for a newer version of KP2 than Garritan for Finale, so you have to overwrite the KontaktPlayer2 plugin in FinaleVST. No problem though - Garritan for Finale will work in any newer version of KP2, than the one it was created for.

Nickie, so you're saying the new player for the Garritan JABB will overwrite the Finale 2008 player but the standard Finale 2008 Garritan libraries will still be intact? What would I gain from using the JABB with Finale 2008? I actually bought the JABB for use with Logic and or Cubase SX but I was so impressed with PrintMusic 2007 that I decided to purchase Finale 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin
    Nickie, so you're saying the new player for the Garritan JABB will overwrite the Finale 2008 player but the standard Finale 2008 Garritan libraries will still be intact? What would I gain from using the JABB with Finale 2008? I actually bought the JABB for use with Logic and or Cubase SX but I was so impressed with PrintMusic 2007 that I decided to purchase Finale 2008.
    I am not saying the JABB player will overwrite the F08 player, I am saynig it may have to overwrite it - you will have to copy the KP2 plugin (KontaktPlayer2.dll on PC) file from ~\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\VST (if on PC) to FinaleVST, if JABB KP2 was created for a newer KP2 version, than Garritan for Finale. If it was, you will get an error message, when you try to load JABB instruments in Finale.

Garritan for Finale will still be accessible in Finale, as long as you don't copy an older KP2 version, than Garritan for Finale's proprietary version, to FinaleVST.

What would you gain from using JABB in Finale? More instruments, f.ex. more saxophones.

Nickie, can't I just copy the instruments from the JABB library for use in F08's Kontakt 2 Player and avoid any problems that you stated?

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin
    Nickie, can't I just copy the instruments from the JABB library for use in F08's Kontakt 2 Player and avoid any problems that you stated?
    You can't copy the instruments from one player version to another (copying them to another folder doesn't help you either). Either you can load them in whatever version you try to load them in, or you can't. And if you can't, you have to copy a newer player version to FinaleVST. And I am talking specifically about JABB KP2 - JABB KP1 won't load into any KP2 version at all.

Go Back to forum