• Register
  • Help

Topic: Convolution on Sib 5

Share/Bookmark

Convolution on Sib 5

Recently, I got Sib 5 and I am seing the news features that it offer, over all about the Garriatan Esencials and KP2. On the manual (also the reference on web) there talk about some resources for increasing the realism about the performance, and says that convolution is a new tool that can help about, over all the reverb. But the problem is that neither the manual nor the reference says nothing about how to use it.

Someone knows how to work with this new tool?

Thanks in advance for the council.

Andres Eloy Rodriguez

Re: Convolution on Sib 5

Hi Andres,

It's in the KP2. Click on the outputs tab so that you can see the output mixer, then click on show effects (or maybe it's show inserts). You'll see four slots appear above each fader. Select convolution and it will appear above. Drag and drop your impulse file (which is basically a sample of a reverberant space--many are available on the web), play with the parameters to get the reverb sound you want, and you should be all set!

Best,
    Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Hi Andres,

It's in the KP2. Click on the outputs tab so that you can see the output mixer, then click on show effects (or maybe it's show inserts). You'll see four slots appear above each fader. Select convolution and it will appear above. Drag and drop your impulse file (which is basically a sample of a reverberant space--many are available on the web), play with the parameters to get the reverb sound you want, and you should be all set!

Best,
    Reegs
    Thanks for your answer Reegs...

A question more....do you know where in the web could I find those samples of a reverberant space??? (some web pages)

Regards

Andres Eloy

Check these places:

http://www.voxengo.com/impulses/

http://www.cksde.com/p_6_250.htm

http://www.xs4all.nl/~fokkie/IR.htm

And a whole bunch on a linkthread on another forum:
    http://www.bigbluelounge.com/forums/...ic.php?t=14100

You'll want the WAV file versions.

Reegs

Thanks you soooooooooo much!!!

Your advise helped me a lot. Really I´m learning more on this forum more than other place

Regards

Andres Eloy

Hi, Andres

Just one note, so you won't get frustrated. It doesn't work to drag and drop convolution files into KP2 when you are using KP2 as a VST instrument inside of a program - like Sonar, Cubase etc.

You must open KP2 in stand-alone mode. Then you can drag and drop the convolution files you want to use, as Reegs explained - just make sure to save what you add as a pre-set.

Now, when you open KP2 inside an application, those pre-sets will be available.

Have fun!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by androdriguez
    Recently, I got Sib 5 and I am seing the news features that it offer, over all about the Garriatan Esencials and KP2. On the manual (also the reference on web) there talk about some resources for increasing the realism about the performance, and says that convolution is a new tool that can help about, over all the reverb. But the problem is that neither the manual nor the reference says nothing about how to use it.

Someone knows how to work with this new tool?

Thanks in advance for the council.

Andres Eloy Rodriguez
    Take a look at the Convo. Reverb tutorial on the Garritan Wiki.
    This should help you.

Keith W.

Thank you guys for your answers. I had no idea there even was such a feature included in Sib 5. I'll check it out tonight for sure.

Go Back to forum