• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: upright piano?

upright piano?

I'm looking for something with an old R&B-Blues vib.I own kontakt, hopefully I won't have to get involved with Reason (the abbey road collection has the only upright I've found.) - Thanks

Re: upright piano?

Do you know this one?

Best regards,

Sampletekk's 'rain piano' might do the job...

Yep, Rain Piano is a great little moody piano.

The BDMO has 24 Timbral Impulses which transforms the sound of our Blüthner piano to match the sound of 24 famous R&B and Blues Recordings (you would know them). It is a 9 foot grand but the timbral impulse's change the tone so that is sounds like an upright. There are some classical demos illustrating this at the www.proaudiovault.com site - Glen Gould Aria from Bach's Goldberg variations on a 48 and 52 inch upright.

One important thing to note is that the harmonic tuning of a larger piano is always more accurate and "solid sounding". So the resulting tone of the timbral impulse of an upright based on a 9 foot grand will give you the accurate harmonic sound of a larger piano but with the midrange sound of an upright. I think that this is the best of both worlds.

The package includes an advance chorus sound developed in Kontakt 2 scripting language if you want more harmonic movement in the piano sound.

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound/ Pro Audio Vault

Did you get my emails?

The Rain Piano is really great for this stuff.

I don't have BDMO (yet), but I really love the sound of the ppp samples in the demos. The piano sounds really great.

South of the Ohio River

Native Instruments has a concert upright within Akoustik Piano. There are a number of variations of it within AK including a ragtime piano.

Demos here:
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Vintaudio has a great couple of pianos in its Upright Collection - a Steinway and a Clinton.

Both have real character.

Thanks guys I'll check this stuff out.

Go Back to forum