• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another guy with a notation software

Share/Bookmark

Talking Another guy with a notation software

Hi, I'm new to this specific forum so I'd just like to say...., well, hello

I'm just another guy with a notation software and could use some guidance perhaps. No professional training here, just books and such. Been musically avtive for a meare two years or so. I have composed a small amount of pieces, some which I have posted on my soundclick page... so..., please take time to listen to some of them.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=723638

I may recommend the "serenade in C sharp minor" and "Opus magnus!"

Re: Another guy with a notation software

Hello, Felixissimo and a big hearty welcome to the Forum!

I took your recommendation and chose "serenade in C sharp minor" - Like many folks, I think, what I'd rather do is hear a single piece at a time. More to look forward to later, and not so overwhelming a commitment to stop at a Soundclick page and listen straight through for a half hour.

So I suggest you use the SoundClick option where you can obtain the URL for a single piece at a time and post that. The listener sees just the one piece displayed, and still has the option of going to your full list of they want to. You will increase your audience here having just one thing to focus on each time you post.

Meanwhile - I Really enjoyed your "Serenade" - Gently happy piece, and nicely rendered! Are these all GPO instruments?

Quite a few people here have a special interest in classical music and in writing in classical styles - I Know they're going to be very interested to hear what you're doing!

Thanks for this - I'm looking forward to coming back and hearing more. I'll choose "Opus Magnus" next, since that's the other title you mentioned in this post.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks alot.
    I'll take in mind your suggestion, and yes they are all GPO.

Felixissimo:

Welcome to the Garritan Forum. Sounds like
    you are having fun with GPO. I think you have
    done really well with your composing to date and
    I'm sure you realize that keeping up with your
    writing and studying will bear great fruit later on.

Looks like you have a great start with GPO.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Greetings,

I also enjoyed the serenade. The trills work well. The style of composition made me think of an earlier time than "classical" in fact, and in my mind the piece would suit some harpsichord continuo, for a little extra emphasis at certain points. Also to me it sounds like one movement of a piece - what are your plans? Something in E-flat perhaps? I look forward to further installments.
    Rendalli

I listened to your serenade in C# minor. I thought it sounded very nice. I think maybe a little tempi variation would add to the sound.
    -Jay

A warm welcome aboard, Danial!

I enjoyed Serenade in C# Minor -- very good work on this;
    likewise, much promise is evident in Opus Magnus. Clearly,
    you're making great progress with notation and GPO...

Keep it coming!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quite a lot of music for somebody who has only been musically active for two years or so. I listen to a few of the pieces. A nice election. You seem to enjoy the 18th century…
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Felixissimo
    Hi, I'm new to this specific forum so I'd just like to say...., well, hello

I'm just another guy with a notation software and could use some guidance perhaps. No professional training here, just books and such. Been musically avtive for a meare two years or so. I have composed a small amount of pieces, some which I have posted on my soundclick page... so..., please take time to listen to some of them.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=723638

I may recommend the "serenade in C sharp minor" and "Opus magnus!"
    Hello Felisissimo, glad to see you decided to come to NothernSounds and join us here. I know that you have been posting in the Finale Forum, but you will find that in this forum the members are more active in the Listening Room. I'm glad that I suggested that you join this forum, because I wanted the members of this forum to hear your wonderful body of works. As with the other I would like to welcome you to NS.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum