• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Sorry, just one more OT.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up OT - Sorry, just one more OT.

Genesis concert for me this Saturday. Been my most favorite group and always will be. Saw every concert with Peter and after. Waiting for what seemed to be forever. Allways wondering if Genesis would ever do a reunion but have to admit would love to see the original members all together again. Wife, daughter, and son are coming with me and they have never seen Genesis live! If the concert is anything or better than years ago it should prove very entertaining and musical.
    I wonder if they are using GPO in any of their music production?

Sorry, I will not post any more OT's for a while. .................. until my Genesis concert report on Sunday!
    Styxx

Re: OT - Sorry, just one more OT.

I LOVE the group Genesis. Recently found out that they're coming to Albany in a week. YEA!!!

Except. . . .

And this is a HUGE "except". . .

. . . the tickets still available for sale costs $202.00 , the last that I heard.

(I need to keep an eye on the entertainment section of the newspaper more often and act more quickly, I guess.)
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Do you know that Collins,Gabriel,Hackett,Banks,Rutherford are talking about replay The lamb in near future? They only need to match their respective schedule. Selling England is one of my favorite albums.

SergeD

Well, the boys haven't missed a beat! Great show with some cool surprises here and there. My only gripe is our new arena (aud). The acoustics completely need attention if more concerts of this level are scheduled. Near stage to mid center of auditorium was decent but turned utterly unbearable from then to the furthest away from stage! Genesis sound techs could have placed satalight speakers in mid center to help make sound more understandable, yet hardly their faul even with all they had with them. This is Buffalo where administration does things that are suitable for one and not for all. This is a fairly new auditorium mainly built for hockey and other sport events with the occasional circus in town. For musical concerts at any level it falls very short of the mark.
    Genesis on the other hand was superb all around in expectations as Genesis before and after Peter. I doubt Peter would have made a difference and as the show is presently structured, Peter may have even brought it too much to Genesis infancy. I was totally entertained and satisfied with all the members. I believe you should experience their new visual show as well. Quite entertaining. The sound was all there! From the melotron, to all the musical nuances Genesis is famous for and more.
    I would see them again. However, it would be better to see them at the Shea's Performing Arts Center here in downtown Beefalo or even outside at either the football or baseball stadium. Either one would have been better suited for a concert than the hockey arena.
    All in all, awesome show!
    Insert - They should hire DPDAN to mix the sound live and studio.
    Styxx

But Seriously folks! I forgot to mention the rather large lady sitting next to me complaining Phil Collins isn't singing the Lion King song! Hahahahaha, Ahhahahahahahahahahahahaha! Really, She left with her husband toward the end stating, "This isn't all what I expected from Collins. (seriously, no joke) He hasn't sung one song he wrote!"
    Well, thems the breaks, babe!

No for a hotdog ...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum