• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Does Stylus RMX have "action toms?"

Share/Bookmark

Does Stylus RMX have "action toms?"

Hello,

Does Stylus RMX have "action toms?" Are there any good "action tom" or "cinematic percussion" libraries out there for stylus RMX? I have stormdrum and have been building my own parts, but would love to have some in RMX format for easy access (instead of having to build them every time). I personally cant STAND the stormdrum intakt loop player, especially after experiencing the creative freedom of RMX's drag and drop midi files! If there was a stormdrum style lib available for RMX, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Does Stylus RMX have "action toms?"

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    If there was a stormdrum style lib available for RMX, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
    Yep, me too, in a blink of an eye. And I'm sure many people would. I also have StormDrum and also suffer from the crappy (at least comparing to RMX) "Time Machine". Of course, it's possible to record SD loops, slice them and convert to REX files, then import into RMX but... you know
    The "filmish" SAGE Xpander is what I dream about ever since I got RMX. Well, there are a few loops in the Core library (those were made by Tobias Marberger), but I'd love to have a lot more of them. Film music Xpander made by Spectrasonics and its Wizards would be really awesome... please? Pretty pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanatsu
    Yep, me too, in a blink of an eye. And I'm sure many people would. I also have StormDrum and also suffer from the crappy (at least comparing to RMX) "Time Machine".

The "filmish" SAGE Xpander is what I dream about ever since I got RMX.
    Me also on both counts!

There are some big drums in Epic Energy of the core library, though in my ears they are not as big sounding or acoustic sounding as Stormdrum.

It is fantastic for some unusual clangs and bangs.

The Expanders are also superb and are available from both Ilio (Ethno Techno, Big Bad Beats (Not tried by me yet), Skippy's Noise Box, Stark Raving Beats.

Ethno Techno is very useful indeed, as is Noise Box. Stark is not as big as I thought it would in it's sound.

Spectrasonics Expanders are also very good. but do not compete with Stormdrum.

I have both RMX and Stormdrum and both get a lot of use.

Audition Epic Energy and see what you think. If you layer beats then that is one way to get that bigger sound.

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Cinematic sage expander???...Oh YES...PLEASE!!!

Lots of BIIIIIG Taikos loops....And more wacked cinematic sound menues. This has been a dream of mine ever since I first learned the dark arts of the sound menues...

...And some nice tablas wouldn't hurt either

Eric, you have given us such a amazing instrument.

RMX does have some really good "Action Toms"... go to the "Sound Menus", then check out the "Toms" menus (I like to EQ out a little of the high end of these, but they are really good), also some of the hits in the "Cinematic" menu are great, pretty much why I bought RMX (obviously besides the loop capabilities)!

RMX is cinematic in most of the sound banks, but mostly these are more electronic than acoustic.

Acoustic big drums please Eric....

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

... yes ... and clean clean clean ... no FX in the samples!

Remember what RMX stands for? :-)

Ah, er, umm, ahh, er.......

Now back to being serious. RMX is big sounding and is great for picture work. I am very glad I bought it with Atmosphere.

I never get tired of both of these and their sounds.

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

Go Back to forum