• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Death of the Pallota Viola, Guarneri Violin, and Amati Bass..:(

Share/Bookmark

Death of the Pallota Viola, Guarneri Violin, and Amati Bass..:(

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini
    We were also informed by Mr. Garritan that processing of the Pallota viola, Guarneri violin, and Amati double bass was no longer required.

Sincerely,

Giorgio Tommasini & Stefano Lucato
    Just wanted to move this topic to its own thread. So, Gary & Co., what happened? No Quartet? My dreams - dashed?

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Death of the Pallota Viola, Guarneri Violin, and Amati Bass..:(

New Sampler
    Steinway Piano
    General MIDI Collection
    Choirs
    More Courses
    Solo Strings

Gary and his team still have a good bit of work to do, so I'm guessing the solo strings are being placed on the backburner for a while to get Steinway and General MIDI Collection out the door.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

...but.. "no longer required". Sounds final to me.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

I wouldn't assume that they are off the table or have been axed, unless Gary announced that was the case. He hasn't done that, so i'm asuming that isn't the case.

Gary, if you're there, please don't axe the solo strngs. I know you have a lot on, but, for me, it's the solo strings that are your most special project. The sheer realism possible with them still seems incredible to me, and the idea of extending that to a quartet was one of the things I was most excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    I wouldn't assume that they are off the table or have been axed, unless Gary announced that was the case. He hasn't done that, so i'm asuming that isn't the case.
    That quote sure does sound like a polite way to say, they have been axed.

This concerns me. I was planning to order the Gofriller cello as soon as I got paid for a job I just finished. But I was expecting to be able to order the complete quartet at some point. If that's not going to happen, I may have to reconsider purchasing the Gofriller.

I was so looking forward to the Pallota!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    That quote sure does sound like a polite way to say, they have been axed.
    Well, I agree, but it didn't state it specifically and was a statement made to them not us, so it's possible there was a change in plans and not a cancelation of them. But i'm just as curious as everyone else, and awaiting more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Well, I agree, but it didn't state it specifically and was a statement made to them not us, so it's possible there was a change in plans and not a cancelation of them. But i'm just as curious as everyone else, and awaiting more info.
    Did you read the quoted post? A formal proposal, that gets no reply whereas planned work is no longer needed. It sounds to me like the business agreement between Garritan & Tommasini/Lucato has been terminated.

This doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve been axed. We know Garritan is working on a new sampler for GPOA. Gary has said GPOA will use some new technology they found. It may be that Garritan plans to use this new sampler/tech for the upcoming solo strings so they integrate better with GPOA.

Go Back to forum