• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Bricault - "2006" Concert March using CMB

Share/Bookmark

Bricault - "2006" Concert March using CMB

I composed "2006" as a concert march in honor of my daughter's graduating high school class. I had wanted to write a piece in the style of Sousa complete with the added cornet occasionally popping up in the background playing little fanfare snips, the ascending bass lines, etc.

I composed this originally in Encore and imported it into Finale 2006. I posted this last year using the GPO instruments and now post it again reconfigured with the CMB instruments, with a exceptions as noted;

Flute Group 1
    Flute Group 2
    Oboe Solo 1
    Eb Clarinet Solo 1
    Bb Clarinet Group 1
    Bb Clarinet Group 2
    Bb Clarinet Group 3
    Bass Clarinet Solo 1
    Bassoon Solo 1
    Alto Sax Group 1
    Alto Sax Group 2
    Tenor Sax Group 1
    Baritone Sax Group 1
    French Horn Group 1 KSM
    French Horn Group 2 KSM
    Trumpet Group 1 KSM
    Trumpet Group 2 KSM
    Trumpet Group 3 KSM
    Cornet Solo 1 KSM
    Trombone Group 1 KSM
    Trombone Group 2 KSM
    Bass Trombone Solo 1 KSM
    Baritone Group 1
    Tuba Group 1
    Cymbals
    Bass Drum
    Snare Drum (GPO LIbrary)

www.garybricault.com/mp3/2006.mp3

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Thumbs up Re: Bricault - "2006" Concert March using CMB

Gary,
    Great tune and what a magnificent sound. Particularly the Brass but all of it too, I bet this library ends up being as popular as GPO. Maybe the school will hire you to do 2007 even though your daughter has already graduated and moved on. Enjoyed listening very much, thanks for posting this.

David

Re: Bricault - "2006" Concert March using CMB

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Gary,
    Great tune and what a magnificent sound. Particularly the Brass but all of it too, I bet this library ends up being as popular as GPO. Maybe the school will hire you to do 2007 even though your daughter has already graduated and moved on. Enjoyed listening very much, thanks for posting this.

David
    Leaf...Thanks!!! hehe...she is a sophomore at Cornell Univ. now. So will have to write one for their bands.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I like the subject here gary. I think we have communicated in the past about ENCORE. I think it is limited, but you can't beat the simplicity of entering notation with it. This is a very nice piece, but I think it sounds just a little thin. The instruments and percusion don't sound full bodied to me(whatever that means). It is not exactly a reverb thing, I am just not sure what it is. Just a friendly critique of your nice song.
    -Jay

Hi, Gary

What a nice gift to your daughter and her graduating class! - And now, a fun gift to yourself really, to re-visit and re-vitalize the piece with the sound of the spanking new CMB library.

It's a rousing piece with a firm grip on the Sousa heritage you were emulating. Nice!

And this also makes for a really good demo of this new addition to the Garritan collection of libraries.

Cheers for your fine work, Gary!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

This really shines with CoMB, Gary... captures the real
    band sound and feel. I think I recall the earlier recording;
    solid and well done -- but the right ensemble really
    "makes" it.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    I like the subject here gary. I think we have communicated in the past about ENCORE. I think it is limited, but you can't beat the simplicity of entering notation with it. This is a very nice piece, but I think it sounds just a little thin. The instruments and percusion don't sound full bodied to me(whatever that means). It is not exactly a reverb thing, I am just not sure what it is. Just a friendly critique of your nice song.
    -Jay
    Yes we have. I actually like Encore but I have much more capability with Finale given the interface to the GPO products.

Thanks for your comments on the work.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Gary

What a nice gift to your daughter and her graduating class! - And now, a fun gift to yourself really, to re-visit and re-vitalize the piece with the sound of the spanking new CMB library.

It's a rousing piece with a firm grip on the Sousa heritage you were emulating. Nice!

And this also makes for a really good demo of this new addition to the Garritan collection of libraries.

Cheers for your fine work, Gary!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Randy,

Thanks for your visit and comments on the work. It was lots of fun to create and for a special purpose. And it is even as much fun to make it come alive with the new CMB library. The original conversion used the GPO and JABB instruments. While they are absoutely top quality, I did not have the fullness of sections in the winds and nor the more mellow saxophones from the JABB library. There is still much to learn with all the instrument families and the additional features. It should only get better over time.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    This really shines with CoMB, Gary... captures the real
    band sound and feel. I think I recall the earlier recording;
    solid and well done -- but the right ensemble really
    "makes" it.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David...thanks for stopping by to this this new setting of the concert march. Yes the CMB library really does add a lot with the full wind sections and real band instruments and styles vs the orchestral and jazz instruments of the GPO and JABB. Fine libraries as they are, the CMB is better suited for this music.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I liked your 2006 concert march and it was also fun to listen to.

It must be nice to finally have the right tool for the job.

I won CMB so i'll be listening to your music as a guide and hopefully I can come up with something decent.

How about CMB with heavy metal guitar.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast