• Register
  • Help

Topic: Go for Cubase 4 or Cubase 4 Studio ???

Share/Bookmark

Go for Cubase 4 or Cubase 4 Studio ???

Hi People....

Any1 can help me with my problem ?

I want to be able to make music in Cubase that will be DD 5.1... I mean I want to mix music in surround while mixing in Cubase and export to 6 mono wave files....

Do I need to get Upgrade to Cubase 4 with surround options or Cubase 4 Studio which don't have surround options and use additional tools ????

Re: Go for Cubase 4 or Cubase 4 Studio ???

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Hi People....

I want to be able to make music in Cubase that will be DD 5.1... I mean I want to mix music in surround while mixing in Cubase and export to 6 mono wave files....

Do I need to get Upgrade to Cubase 4 with surround options or Cubase 4 Studio which don't have surround options and use additional tools ????
    I would probably use Cubase 4, not Studio which is pretty good in its own right (I own it but use Sonar 6 at the moment).

Cubase 4 here as well!

(Maybe SX3 btw?)

Why have the hussle of going back and fourth in different software, unless you already have them and know them. But otherwise Cubase 4 is very good, imho

Hi People....

Look out for crossgrade deal as you can get C4 or CS4 for half price if you own a competitor like Samplitude, Sonar etc.. Just see if you have one of them on the list.

I would play it safe and go with C4 if you really need surround.

Hi People....

I'm not entirely sure how you would do this using 'add-ons.' I've tried most of the 3rd party plug-in surround panners, and they've all been spectacular failures. Unless anyone knows something I don't? The in-sequencer surround routing in Cubase is great, and once it's set up you never need to think about it again. If you can afford it I would definitely go for the full Cubase4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I'm not entirely sure how you would do this using 'add-ons.' I've tried most of the 3rd party plug-in surround panners, and they've all been spectacular failures. Unless anyone knows something I don't? The in-sequencer surround routing in Cubase is great, and once it's set up you never need to think about it again. If you can afford it I would definitely go for the full Cubase4.
    Agree 100%!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

This is where I got my copy of C4.
    This is the best price I have found for this version of the software, even if you don't include the $300 bundled soundcard.
    http://www.gigasonic.com/PreSonus-Fi...rebox-Cubase-4

They have got a bunch of different Cubase bundles available.
    I still don't understand how they can offer these bundles for so little.

as a Cubase 3 SL user, I can get upgrade to 4 for quite nice price

as a Cubase 3 SL user, I can get upgrade to 4 for quite nice price
    Bonus! I was not aware of that fact. That makes the whole upgrade process a good deal cheaper.

Go Back to forum