• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: Cubase + Standalone Kontakt 2 - Help Needed...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Power Profile User lukpcn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    on the end of the bow...
    Posts
    1,326

    Question Cubase + Standalone Kontakt 2 - Help Needed...

    Hi PPL,

    I'm trying for the first time , to use Kontakt 2 as a standalone with cubase...

    I've installed Midi-Yoke,
    started K2, set everything ok, it works with Cubase,... midi is sent to K2 from Cubase....

    so THE PROBLEM IS:
    when I select M-audio FW 410 asio driver in Kontakt standalone, I can't select it in cubase and vice versa....

    So what is the aproach to be able to hear everything in sync playing ???
    now I have FW410 set in K2 with latency of 8ms and Multimedia Directx driver in Cubase with latency of 400 ms so no sync at all

    any1 can help me out with it ????

  2. #2

    Re: Cubase + Standalone Kontakt 2 - Help Needed...

    Maybe a stupid question, but why don't you just run Kontakt as a VSTi?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  3. #3
    Power Profile User lukpcn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    on the end of the bow...
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Cubase + Standalone Kontakt 2 - Help Needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Maybe a stupid question, but why don't you just run Kontakt as a VSTi?
    Because I'm trying to set up a 64bit windows x64 DAW and Kontakt 2 says NO WAY when I want it to work as a plugin in Cubase....
    But it works ok as standalone...

  4. #4

    Re: Cubase + Standalone Kontakt 2 - Help Needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Hi PPL,

    I'm trying for the first time , to use Kontakt 2 as a standalone with cubase...

    I've installed Midi-Yoke,
    started K2, set everything ok, it works with Cubase,... midi is sent to K2 from Cubase....

    so THE PROBLEM IS:
    when I select M-audio FW 410 asio driver in Kontakt standalone, I can't select it in cubase and vice versa....

    So what is the aproach to be able to hear everything in sync playing ???
    now I have FW410 set in K2 with latency of 8ms and Multimedia Directx driver in Cubase with latency of 400 ms so no sync at all

    any1 can help me out with it ????
    I have the same problem here with my MIA driver 6.11. I think the problem is
    once K2 use the soundcard it wont accept other software running along side of it. I'll try to revert to previous drivers and see if i can do something about it.
    This inconvenience needs to be fix. And other sound card would fix this too but there shouldn't be a need for that.

  5. #5

    Re: Cubase + Standalone Kontakt 2 - Help Needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Because I'm trying to set up a 64bit windows x64 DAW and Kontakt 2 says NO WAY when I want it to work as a plugin in Cubase....
    But it works ok as standalone...
    Aha! Got it now!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •