• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - The Good and the Bad

Share/Bookmark

OT - The Good and the Bad

The good: Northern California PBS, KRCB channel 22 Sep 30, 10:30 P.M., The Art of the Left Hand, featuring Antonio Iturrioz. The program was rehearsed at my house a few times, so even though I can't see the program, I am quite familiar with it. Also, I have a dvd of a trial version of the show. What has this to do with GPO? Well, he is going to learn one of my compositions to work it into his modern repertoire, and heard it first with GPO piano. He is coming back on Friday to listen again to Thaumaturgic Bezoars in Artificial Billabongs.

The bad: I am disgusted with computers that perform ad lib!!!Sound diagnostics and all tests show perfection, no error. Reality check is other wise. Rear speakers are silent. Or if I switch connection, front speakers are silent. But in diagnostics, all is proper. I think I will go to bed. It is two minutes short of 2:00 a.m. Good night!

Richard

Re: OT - The Good and the Bad

Hey Richard, where's the ugly?
    Styxx

Great news. I wish i had cable or something that would pick up California's PBS. Maybe it will get a lot good reveiws and they will put it on all PBS.

I'm not sure but i think that if in diagnostics all is well, but it reality a speaker is silent, and switching their connections changes the prob to the other speaker, then it's not the signal that is bad, but the speaker wire or it's connectors...

which side did you switch the connection, where it connects to the output or where it connects to the speaker?

Congrats on having your composition played!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Great news. I wish i had cable or something that would pick up California's PBS. Maybe it will get a lot good reveiws and they will put it on all PBS.

I'm not sure but i think that if in diagnostics all is well, but it reality a speaker is silent, and switching their connections changes the prob to the other speaker, then it's not the signal that is bad, but the speaker wire or it's connectors...

which side did you switch the connection, where it connects to the output or where it connects to the speaker?
    Well, I really did not mean to trouble anyone with the speaker problem. I was just more than a bit ticked off. Actually, in setup and diagnostics, I have correct sound from all speakers, and the speakers work with the amplifier. I switch connectors at the sound card, and this points to a sound card or driver problem, which I will take up with the mfr.

Richard

Go Back to forum