• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: House Update

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up OT: House Update

Dawn and I just have to share with our NSS friends the update on the entire house situation. If you remember, we planned to purchase a home and the inspection found major repairs. Near $20,000 worth in fact. Right after the inspection, we placed an offer on our dream home that had just come back on the market.

Here’s the final deal.

The offer on the dream home was accepted and signed by both parties!
    The only thing that could cause issue would be for the sellers of the house with repairs to agree to our laundry list of demands. I.E, fix everything! If they said anything other then, “We agree to fix everything”, we can legal decline, get our deposit back and buy the dream home. We had to get released from the contracts signed on the house in need of repair.

They sent back there offer in writing…

They agreed to treat for the termites (By law, they have to anyway)
    They offered $4,000 off the sales price of the house!

That’s it!!

There arrogance cost them a sale (Not that we would have bought it anyway after knowing the findings of the inspection).

Long story short, our REJECTED letter is on its way and we move into our dream home on the 28th!

Thanks everyone for your support during this madness!

Francis and Dawn
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thumbs up Re: OT: House Update

Congrats on the your new house Frank. Me and the misses purchased a new home this past December. It is quite an adventure I agree but well worth the dickering! Actually, our home is three years old and was built and owned by a postal inspector who had to sell due to being transfered out of the area. By the time we got to him he was desperate to sell and sold for one heck of a decent price.
    If ya don't mind, where ya putting the horses? I have plenty of room on me 2.6 acres in the back.
    Styxx

Re: OT: House Update

Hi Styxx!!

The home sits on 4.5 acres that run along a stream. There is already a brand new barn with hay loft on the property. They're coming home!! Hence the entire reason for all of this

Here's a pic of the front of the house:

Congratulations Frank! Hope the move all goes smoothly.

Congratulations Frank and Dawn!

(what other wishes are there for buying a house, anyways?)

May you never get termites, floods, or other general problems... (or something to that end anyways)

That is fantastic news, congratulations to you both!!!

Now all you have to do is pack everything up..... and then unpack it again!

The very best wishes on this exciting news

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Thumbs up Re: OT: House Update

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Hi Styxx!!

The home sits on 4.5 acres that run along a stream. There is already a brand new barn with hay loft on the property. They're coming home!! Hence the entire reason for all of this

Here's a pic of the front of the house:
    Wow, very nice Frank! A stream, eh? So, you won't be needing that extra toilet huh? I have a creek running through the back of my property but to far to walk on a cold morning. Hmm, hay loft eh? We better warn the misses!
    Love the porch. Kinda pondarosa type. Enjoy!
    Styxx

Thank you guys so much!! Off to pack

Lightbulb Re: OT: House Update

Beautiful House! Does the Stream have trout?

Here is a helpful hint on packing: Throw away or get rid of everything you don't need to keep. Then mull it over for a while. Then throw away or get rid of everything you don't need to keep. Then wait a while. Then throw away or get rid of everything you don't need to keep.

Keep doing this until you only have about 7 or 8 boxes to move.

LOL!! Kind of close to what we plan to do! Amazing how much stuff you collect in 11 years. We bought our current house 5 years ago, so we have since down-sized a great deal. The studio will be a major PIA!

Go Back to forum