• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 Does Not Work

K2 Does Not Work

About the Kontakt 2 player, I downloaded the update from NI - going straight from the K1 version of JABB - and the Kontakt 2 player does not boot at all. I did a search here and found out how to get my K1 player to work again. I was getting an error message about the "patch being created by a newer version of Kontakt and to update".

I saw another thread here that hinted that the intervening updates were necessary to get K2 to function. Is this true? If so, how can I get them? Only the 2.2.3 update is at NI.

To recap, I downloaded the K2 update of JABB and it does not work at all, either as a plugin or standalone. When I click the JABB icon, it starts K1 every time. When I click the K2 icon - it does nothing.

I will send this message to NI and to the Garitan help desk too.

Orcas Island

Re: K2 Does Not Work

We got your message and forwarded it to Native Instruments. Not sure why nothing happens when you click the Icon. You should hear from NI soon.

Hi Gary,

K2 still is not functional for me. NI USA has responded with the usual unhelpful helpdesk answer. I sent the exact email as above. The exchange:

<<Hello Michael Greene,
    Thank you for contacting Native Instruments technical support.
    Native Instruments only handles the Registration Support for sample library
    products using the Kontakt Player 2 software.
    For technical questions about using your Kontakt Player 2 Library product, you will need to contact the support department for the developer of the library in question.
    Garritan: 360-376-5766 http://www.garritan.com/support.html
    Your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Support Team, Jason Emsley>>

I responded that the answer was useless because NI hosts the updates - not Garritan. The reply:

<<Hello mgreene@surfbest.net,
    As mentioned in the previous email, we do not support issues with the Kontakt 2 Player. Garritan is contractually bound to take care of you.
    Again, the contact information is: Garritan: 360-376-5766 http://www.garritan.com/support.html Your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Support Team, Jason Emsley>>

I responded again that their response is illogical because NI took down the previous update that held the files that make the update work, the nki files, according to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Exactly the same. The 2.2.2 update has the JABB KP2 .nki files, 2.2.3 doesn't.
    If NI pig headedly refuses to repost the 2.0 - 2.2.2 update files, can you make them available? (I am asuming that I really only need the 2.2.2 file.) I am pretty sure that I am not the only one in this predicament.

Go Back to forum