• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tango Pasado (GPO Steinway)

Share/Bookmark

Tango Pasado (GPO Steinway)

Tango Pasado, 3:51, 7.1Mb

Title...............Tango Pasado (Last Tango)
    Genre..............Latin/tango
    Composer........Darwin Kopp
    Comp date.......September 2007
    Comp time.......a few days
    Samples..........GPO Steinway
    Sequencer.......Overture
    Reverb............SIR convolution
    EQ..................Cubasis
    Monitors..........Sennheiser HD 580
    --Composition...no
    --Performance..no
    --Sonics..........no

Some dance music would be nice, so I whipped this together for our listening (and dancing) pleasure. This is a tango in the Brazilian style. ¡El tango es muy macho!

Feedback is not requested; however, I will try to answer questions, if any.

Re: Tango Pasado (GPO Steinway)

This one is very good. The way I can tell is that is really inspires me to go to the piano at this very moment. Thank God I can use earphones at 2:48 AM and will not distrube my mother.

Brovo.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Nice writing, Darwin. A really fine tango that can be
    totally enjoyed with only one instrument. I can imagine
    how this could be further enhanced with a few combo
    instruments and a good rhythm section.

Very well done, Darwin.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Darwin,

this is very nice! I love this kind of music! (Out of my head I can hear more musicans playing together this fine composition...)

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinKopp
    Tango Pasado, 3:51, 7.1Mb

Title...............Tango Pasado (Last Tango)
    Hi Darwin. "Last Tango" is translated more apropiately like "Último Tango", at least you are refering to it like a "tango from the past". In that case, "Tango del pasado" would be the name.
    Marcelo Colina

Great tango, Darwin -- very well done!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi marce,

Hi Darwin. "Last Tango" is translated more apropiately like "Último Tango", at least you are refering to it like a "tango from the past". In that case, "Tango del pasado" would be the name.
    I appreciate the Spanish lesson, as my Spanish is quite poor. From this side of the fence, "Último Tango" sounds a little too much like "the ultimate tango", which this certainly isn't. However, "Tango del Pasado" has a nice ring to it and fits my musical intentions as well. Gracias!

Another Darwin Special !

Thanks for putting this one up for us, Darwin. I think the tango really suits solo piano (see also Dustin O'Halloran's first CD, whose name eludes me...).

By the way, what's a Brazilian tango ?? My ochos are in a twist just trying to work that one out.

Thanks again !

Muchas gracias hombre. Me gusta esta composición. Muy bién.

Raymond

Hi Viv,

By the way, what's a Brazilian tango ?? My ochos are in a twist just trying to work that one out.
    I pondered that, too, for awhile. Of course, the tango is Argentine in origin, but many South American countries have their own local version. Brazil, Uruguay, and Cuba immediately come to mind. Being gringo, I'm certainly no expert, so my take-off point on this are the eighty+ tangos of Brazilian composer Ernesto Nazareth, which I highly recommend to anyone who has any interest in the genre. To my mind, the Brazalian tango is roughly the Argentine tango blended with elements of Brazalian music, the most obvious being the samba. That's what I tried to do in this composition (but mostly I just want to get people dancing ).

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast