• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO FINale edition - duplicates? can I remove them?

Share/Bookmark

GPO FINale edition - duplicates? can I remove them?

I have Finale 2006, 2007 and 2008 installed.
    '06 and '07 came with the Finale edition GPO.

however, I only use the full version of GPO.

Now Fin'08 has the "Garritan Sounds For Finale" which appears to be the Fin Edition GPO + a bunch of new sounds.

On top of that, there are the KP1 sounds and the KP2 sounds for the Finale edition GPO library.

Please... is there ANY of this I can remove from my hard drive????

I'm always leery of making changes to anything related to Kontakt Player. They're "service" tends to be ANYthing but servicable. however, I get the feeling that I have WAY too many copies of the same thing on my computer.

And now that Concert/Marching Band will be arriving any day, I'm going to need to free up at least a BIT of space on my hard drive.

I believe the Fin-edition GPO library (from Finale 2006) is installed by default in the
    .../Native Instruments/Finale GPO/Finale GPO Library
    folder.
    I also have a
    .../Native Instruments/Finale GPO 2.0
    folder (this one doesn't have a sub-folder with "library", but the library is right there)

I also now have folders for
    .../Garritan Instruments for Finale
    .../Garritan Jazz Big band
    .../Garritan Personal Orchestra

and the latter two also contain the KP1 versions (of which the Jazz and Big band one doesn't work.... Finale 2006 won't recognize it, says the files are from a different version. which doesnt matter since I'm not using Fin'06 anymore)

ALL of these folders contain .NKS and .NKC files.
    Some of them date back to 2005.

What can I remove?
    Do I need to "uninstall" them or just delete them?

I know, this is all long-winded.

Re: GPO FINale edition - duplicates? can I remove them?

please, does anyone have an idea of how I may proceed with this?

I want to liberate a bit of space on my hard drive to install CoMB, and I figure that the Finale edition of GPO is the one thing I could get rid of without affecting my workflow in any way.

ok, as a test, I've tried removing the directories that are Finale edition (so the one with the instruments for the KP1 and those for KP2).

Finale runs fine ... except I still have the little box in the kontakt player 2 for Finale Edition GPO.

in theory, I should now only have full GPO, Jazz and Big Band, and Garritan Instruments for Finale.

But I still see the little box for the Finale Edition GPO in the Kontakt Player.
    It's empty, there are no instruments in it, so it's just graphical... but

Is there any way to get rid of that?

Hi Michel

To completely remove GIF, you just need to uninstall.
    Go to control panel->Add or Remove Programs.
    Scroll down the list until you see "Garritan Instruments for Finale"

You may need to undelete the files you deleted in the first place for this to work properly now, as deleting the libraries will have "broken" the uninstall program. (you may be able to undelete by opening the recycle bin, finding the folder(s) you deleted, right-clicking on the folder(s) and selecting "restore")

If you're not able to do this, you could try and use regedit to get rid of the GIF box.

Scroll to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\content"
    Remove the entry that has "Garritan Intrumenst for Finale" in the data field

Then remove the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Garritan Instruments for Finale"

Scroll to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\content"
    Remove the entry that has "Garritan Intrumenst for Finale" in the data field

Then remove the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Garritan Instruments for Finale"

I would recommend using regedit only if the undelete procedure does not work/fails.

Cheers...

Go Back to forum