• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: [OT?] Apple Logic 8 is out!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation [OT?] Apple Logic Studio is out!

After three years, it's here.

PS - It's called Logic Studio, not Logic 8, pardon me.
    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Re: [OT?] Apple Logic 8 is out!

They lowered the price point too! Only 500 new! And reasonable upgrade prices. And it's for the entire Studio set.

Neat.

Too bad I use PC .

Reegs

Any UK pricing? It doesn't seem to be on the UK Apple store yet.

Phil
    Design for Music and Media www.aniseedmediadesign.co.uk

actually the price for Logic Pro 8 is $299 i think, down from $999. i can't believe that. and to upgrade from express 7 is $199. but to upgrade to the studio which includes like 50 gigs of extras in only $299, and $499 if you get it new. as an owner or express 7 this is an offer i cant' refuse, but if anyone has used it so far i think we'd all appreciate your review.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

The pricing is definitely huge. Low price, a bunch of cool tools, a bunch of cool plugins. Its a bargain for someone starting out. I'm not convinced yet that it has the same level of "power" that the previous Logic had or the other DAW's on the market for that matter. We'll see when the reviews are out.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

From what I can see, no upgrade from the academic version of 7.2. Time to dig a little deeper in my Wallet

Peace

rikp

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    The pricing is definitely huge. Low price, a bunch of cool tools, a bunch of cool plugins. Its a bargain for someone starting out. I'm not convinced yet that it has the same level of "power" that the previous Logic had or the other DAW's on the market for that matter. We'll see when the reviews are out.
    i can't see it as a downgrade. if nothing else it is logic pro 7. i think apple is trying to attract pc owners who are into digital music. before you'd have to spend over 2 grand on a nice computer then 1000 on logic pro. now you get all the jam packs (500 dollar value), two other programs (one for live shows that most people won't use, and the other a very useful music to video program), and tons of other stuff all for 500. i think apple just wants to lure pc owners over knowing that they'll be hooked once they change. thats just my theory.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

All I know is that Apple sure knows how to put on a nice presentation. I spent nearly an hour watching all the little videos which highlight some of Logic Studio's biggest features and improvements.

The price is outrageously low for what is included. I just did some googling and Logic Pro 7 was $1,000. Jampacks are $500. Space Designer, back when it (and Logic) was still owned by EMAGIC, cost $500. Add Soundtrack Pro 2 ($300) and ALL the other added features, utilities and other stuff (prob another $200) in there and you then have a value of nearly $2,500 all in a $500 app.

The redesign of Logic Pro app itself reminds me of many of the features of Tracktion. I actually think that is a GOOD thing. Logic 7 is still, to this day, a very confusing piece of software for me. It is deep but not "logical" to my way of learning things. Once you learn it, though, like anything, it becomes easier to get at what you want. I am happy to see Apple has finally put their hands all over it and revamped it significantly. Logic 7 still retains much of what it was when still owned by EMAGIC and seems very un-apple-like, IMO. Logic 8 seems a lot more of what I have come to expect from an Apple product. THAT remains to be seen though - since no reviews are out yet.

Like Dewdman, I want to see some real reviews. I want to try this out for myself and see if they have improved MIDI editing and some other basic tasks. I SURE HOPE SO. This really seems too good to be true. (And very UNLIKE Apple to have so much stuff packed into a relatively inexpensive price!)

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I started using eMagic's Logic back when there was still a PC platform. There was a steep learning curve, for sure. But I grew to really like this program.

I love working with Logic on my happy MacPro computer (whenever I have the time to work on music ). Being the software junkie that I am, I've purchased other audio/sequencing programs throughout the years. I own Steinberg's Cubase (SX 3) and Cakewalks Sonar (version 5 Producer). They all work great and they all get the job done. My personal preference, though, is still Logic.

Now. . . Logic 8 is out! Dang! I purchased version 7 for nearly $1,200.00!!! Logic 8, full-version, costs $500! WOW!! Hurray for the people who decide to purchase to purchase this new program. It's a good deal.

Will I upgrade?? I like what I have already. It's stable and gets the job done. If I do purchase the upgrade, it will only be after reading a lot of positive experiences from other users, I guess. But being the software junkie that I am. . . . . LOL!
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

OK! I got it yesterday and installed it this AM. It does not overwrite 7.2 so that is good news. But it has been great! I have opened up several projects and no problems. All is well. I actually got some work done!

I love the new look and feel to the software. Best bucks I ever spent. I would highly reccommend it!

Peace

rikp

Go Back to forum