• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 3 Released

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 3 Announced (not yet released)

Kontakt 3:

http://www.nativeinstruments.com/index.php?id=kontakt3

And Guitar Rig 3 as well as several versions of Komplete.

Re: Kontakt 3 Released

I notice Vokator and Spektral Delay seem to have vanished. They're actually my favourite parts of Komplete. But, since my Kontakt is registered as part of the bundle, I'm going to have to upgrade the whole of Komplete to keep up (and I can't afford to be a version behind with Kontakt) which means I'm going to be paying them money to not be able to use my favourite two effects any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I notice Vokator and Spektral Delay seem to have vanished. They're actually my favourite parts of Komplete. But, since my Kontakt is registered as part of the bundle, I'm going to have to upgrade the whole of Komplete to keep up (and I can't afford to be a version behind with Kontakt) which means I'm going to be paying them money to not be able to use my favourite two effects any more.
    Since they're part of the version you own now, perhaps they'll give you (or sell you on the cheap) independent licenses for them if you talk to sales politely.

Doesn't each item of Komplete get a seperate license? In any case it would seem to be that your old licenses would remain valid as long as nothing writes over them.

Just keep your previous Komplete version and you can use all the old plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    This is getting to be an expensive addiction.
    Stephen
    Only coming to that realization now, Stephen? Methinks you're in for quite a shock when the full scope of what you've gotten into dawns upon you.

-Belbin

Title is a little misleading... it has only been announced, not released.

The new editing features and UI look good, but I'm really disappointed that NI didn't make the leap into 64-bit.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

64-bit is the only reason I would upgrade it. I see too many other developers creating their own engine to make an upgrade worthwhile.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    64-bit is the only reason I would upgrade it. I see too many other developers creating their own engine to make an upgrade worthwhile.

Jim
    Totally agree! This is really disappointing. The only feature I really want is 64-bit support and it isn't there.

The bigger question for Kirk, Gary and everyone...will the existing K2 libs run without problems on K3?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum