• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: steinway

Share/Bookmark

Talking steinway

has there ever been any specs posted for the up and coming software for steinway piano . I see its going to have 5.1 and thats all (need to know velocity levels, is it close miced , do we have a choice such as the black grand samptekk close , ambient, medium ambience , how about presets etc....

Re: steinway

Check out the video about the Steinway on this page. Don't remember properly what's on it, check it out!

http://www.harmony-central.com/theater/wnamm07_p4.html

Talking Re: steinway

well a little more insight thanks but it is a teaser I hope this will be the holy grail I have plenty of piano libraries presently enjoying black grand and time to time virtual grand
    thanks again

There is also info about it on the garritan.com, website. One of the mic positions is called under the lid perspective. That sounds funny to me, but if you have ever sat at a Concert 9 footer Steinway or stood beside one while an accomplished player played, the sound is amazing and like nothing else, so i think under the lid would be even more so.

Does it come with a cool bench?

It should come with a cool bench.

They have electric ones now, you know, so you can
    just press a button on the side to go up and down.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

They should make one that slides from left to right. Hey, i think i just invented the sliding cool bench.

edit: ok the cool came from you David, so you get half.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    They should make one that slides from left to right. Hey, i think i just invented the sliding cool bench.

edit: ok the cool came from you David, so you get half.
    Why thank you, David. Kind of you.

When we start up the manufacturing company,
    who gets first slot in the name? David or David?

Remember, I'm older, have more nose hair, etc.,
    so just out of respect...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Leaf the Cool

The sliding bench reminds me of Victor Borge (1909 - 2000) who kept playing until he was 91 years old. One of his routines he keeps sliding off the piano bench. Finally he opens the lid of the bench, pulls out a seat belt, and buckles himself down. After finishing the song, he stands to take a bow, but the bench is lifted up because he forgot to unbuckle the seat belt.

"to people who take music seriously, I'm a musician. To people who don't take music seriously, I'm a comedian. To people who don't take anything seriously, I'm a clown." - Victor Borge

...Victor, is it you? You forgot to take of your iron mask as well.

Go Back to forum