• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Topic: DRACULA returns!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    DRACULA returns!

    I've been contacted (not contracted -- yet) about adapting a piece I originally composed with GPO for a marching band field show in the fall of '08. It's exciting to have the interest shown, but I'm still thinking over whether or not to go for it (CMB certainly makes it a possibility, though!).

    I posted this about a year ago, and present it here with somewhat of a tweaked mix. I based it on a six-note motif that "creeps" in here and there throughout.
    Picture this as a marching field show... I just don't know

    Dracula Overture (The Count's Castle, The Seduction of Lucy, The Search for the Lair)

    This is GPO, some ex-ghoulfriends, and my cat. (Next month, Halloween!!)

    http://www.dannywilliamsmusic.com/DraculaOvertureb.mp3

    As always, thanks for listening.

    Danny

  2. #2

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    Outstanding! Really sets the Dracula mood.

    --gary shannon
    http://www.soundclick.com/garyshannon

  3. #3

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    Danny,

    this is very very great!

    Pleas continue with the new Marching Band!

    Best,

    Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  4. #4

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    hmmm, and here I was thinking that the John Williams soundtrack to that Dracula film the mid 70's was the ultimate Dracula music!!!

    this was very dramatic! I loved it.

    particularly the opening theme in the low brass.
    and I love the trombone (I presume) bringing the theme back at the very end for that closing moment.

  5. #5

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    I have no idea about marching band field shows...

    But Danny, this is excellent!

    Bravo!

    Dramatic, exciting, really keeps your eyeballs glued to
    the road, one end to the other. Whatever form you might
    reshape this into, I'm sure any audience would be fully
    enthralled by it.

    Best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  6. #6

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    hmmm, and here I was thinking that the John Williams soundtrack to that Dracula film the mid 70's was the ultimate Dracula music!!!

    this was very dramatic! I loved it.

    particularly the opening theme in the low brass.
    and I love the trombone (I presume) bringing the theme back at the very end for that closing moment.
    Thanks very much, Michel! I'm certainly no JOHN Williams, but even the teensiest comparison is pretty flattering -- thanks for that.

    And, yeah, those were the bones (and some low F. Horns and tuba) at the end.

    Danny

  7. #7

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    Outstanding! Really sets the Dracula mood.

    --gary shannon
    http://www.soundclick.com/garyshannon
    Thanks for listening to it, Gary (I know it's a little long!). I'm glad you enjoyed it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,797

    Thumbs up Re: DRACULA returns!

    That's outstanding Danny!

    Coming from you i expected it would be good, but my oh my that was absolutely fantastic.

  9. #9

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    That's outstanding Danny!

    Coming from you i expected it would be good, but my oh my that was absolutely fantastic.
    Well, thanks, Leaf! I appreciate the "applause" up there very much!

    Danny

    Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    Danny,

    this is very very great!

    Pleas continue with the new Marching Band!

    Best,

    Gunther
    Thanks, Gunther! If I don't end up adapting this piece with CMB, I nonetheless have a couple of other things I'm in the process of completing with it. It really is all it's been touted to be in various other threads.

    Thanks so much for your kind response.

    Danny

    Quote Originally Posted by etlux
    Danny

    I have no idea about marching band field shows...

    But Danny, this is excellent!

    Bravo!

    Dramatic, exciting, really keeps your eyeballs glued to
    the road, one end to the other. Whatever form you might
    reshape this into, I'm sure any audience would be fully
    enthralled by it.

    Best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thanks, David. I had no idea about field shows myself until moving to Texas just a few years ago -- but I've certainly received an education since then. It's a huge deal here.

    (So, was the use of "reshape" in your response a clever Dracula reference, hmmm???? )

    Danny

    P.S. Hope your eyeballs are OK.

  10. #10

    Re: DRACULA returns!

    So, was the use of "reshape" in your response a clever Dracula reference, hmmm????
    It is now... rofl!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •