• Register
  • Help

Topic: Final Fantasy VII arrange album "Voices of the Lifestream" - 9/14

Share/Bookmark

Final Fantasy VII arrange album "Voices of the Lifestream" - 9/14

Hey everyone, in case you don't keep track of the video game music arrangement community, there's a major upcoming release you might be interested in - especially if you're a fan of the Final Fantasy series and/or Nobuo Uematsu. A group of over forty musicians from OverClocked ReMix are releasing a 4-CD tribute album of arranged music from the legendary game Final Fantasy VII. This project, titled Voices of the Lifestream, features over three hours of music and forty-five songs in every genre imaginable, from new age, to film score-style orchestral, to drum n' bass, trance, heavy metal, bossa nova, improv jazz, Broadway-style solo piano, and beyond. It is one of the biggest fan-made arrange albums ever to be released.

Jayson Napolitano recently reviewed Voices on Music4Games in a showcase piece, calling it "One of the most impressive and encompassing listening experiences in the world of video game music." You can pick up the project free of charge online at http://ff7.ocremix.org/ on September 14th. The website also has more information about the history of the project and everyone involved.

I had the privilege of directing and coordinating Voices of the Lifestream, contributing directly to five of the arrangements and doing editing, mixing, and mastering work for several dozen others. Though the entire thing took about 20 months to complete, it has been well worth it, and really represents what OverClocked ReMix is all about; fans of video game music collaborating together and re-interpreting classic music. I strongly suggest checking it out if you haven't already, as there are over 1,400 existing remixes from hundreds of games, all of which can be downloaded for free.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Re: Final Fantasy VII arrange album "Voices of the Lifestream" - 9/14

Hey Andrew,
    great news! For me, the FFVII soundtrack is amongst the best of all time. I won't even start to write about it, as it would probably end in "too-long-post-that-nobody-really-wants-to-read" So let's just say that it had a really strong impact and influence to me, just like the game itself... Well, I guess it was about then, that I first told to myself "I wanna be a composer!"
    I I'm really curious what have you guys done with this music and I hope it's much better than the other arrangements I've heard before (not too many of them I heard though!).
    Can't wait till tommorow!:-)

Best,
    Iwanatsu

Re: Final Fantasy VII arrange album "Voices of the Lifestream" - 9/14

It's out! We've been featured on Squaresound, Gamedaily, and Kotaku already, with over eight TERABYTES of downloads in the last 21 hours.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Go Back to forum