• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rendering problem in Sonar - piccolo

Share/Bookmark

Rendering problem in Sonar - piccolo

Wanted an expert in Sonar. These problems I had also when rendering my pianoconcerto. Now it occurs again in my new symphonic piece. It is the piccolo.

From Overture: the score of the piccolo (Overture format)
    From Overture: the midi file of the piccolo
    From Overture: the wave file (part)
    From Sonar: the wave file (part)

Why is this? And how to get the sound right? Sonar 5 Producer problems? I still work with KP1.

Later I found out that it also applies to flutes. I think that when using a non-standard timing, like trills or multiplets, Sonar gets confused. But that is common practice in musical pieces, why doesn't this work as normal?

Raymond

Re: Rendering problem in Sonar - piccolo

Are you using fast bounce in Sonar? If so, try unchecking this option to do a slow bounce. Also, you may need to raise your latency a bit.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Are you using fast bounce in Sonar? If so, try unchecking this option to do a slow bounce. Also, you may need to raise your latency a bit.

Jim
    I did the latency. Set it lower and it worked. The final answer and you can't imagine how much time I spent looking for an answer. Great.

Rendering I always do with slow bounce. But I might have forgotten it in this particular case. It was also at playback time. Can this latency have anything to do with Fast/Slow Bounce? If so then it is really strange. I always thought that this latency only reacted on playback.

Raymond

Maybe now I can start "repairing" my pianoconcerto on this.

Raymond

Kontakt and Kompakt have both had issues with the fast bounce. I've always used the slow bounce without problems. Not exactly sure why it doesn't always because it messes up even with libraries not using DFD (disk streaming). Latency settings have caused issues with the legato layer in fast passages. Just playing with the latency settings pretty much seems to fix this issue.

Jim

Go Back to forum