• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pianos & Strings - Filmmusic - GPO and others

Lightbulb Pianos & Strings - Filmmusic - GPO and others

Hello my dear friends,

So I´m back from my vacations round europe city's.
    I've wrote last time for a lot of projects. This piece here was actually written for an movie scene - a girl driving a car... I called this like the scene was.... "The girl, the car, the money & the coast" . Piece is acually longer then showed here. I hope you like it. Style: Minor mood with nostalgic, reflective feeling.

Comment's very welcome.

Please listen here: http://www.box.net/shared/kg46fosbr7

P.S. I. Orchestration: Strings GPO- Vln,Vlas, Cell., Bass - together with Vitous Str. (pp- mp) Backroundvoicing

2 Pianos - Kurzweil

P.S. II. Next time I will posting from this piece an more orchestral version.
    Last edited by Jaques; 09-13-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: re-edit

Re: Pianos & Strings - Filmmusic - GPO and others

Sounds to me like you have composed it more to a dark and/or dreamly filmscene..., yes, no?

A cool pianoplaying, Jaques! I also like the balance between the piano and the others... .

Well done!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Cool progressions and feeling. I look forward to the orchestrated version and the complete version.

This theme has a lot going for it and, with development and
    a full orchestration, should result in a fine film score.

Like the two pianos: one in the background and one up
    front for solo work.

Will be watching for the revised version.

Enjoyed listening, Jacques

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi Jaques,

Suspense is in the air... I keep wondering what will come next... so will wait for the orchestral version to hear all...

I really enjoyed this. Very mysterious with an undercurrent of danger and recklessness. You know what movie that this would work very well with? Have you ever seen "Vertigo" by Alfred Hitchcock? It starred James Stewart and Kim Novak and was released in the late 1950s but is on TV once in a while and can be rented.

I see this theme playing as the Kim Novak character is driving her car along Coast Highway 1 along the rugged Northern California Coast near Big Sur. Her character is dangerous, reckless, mysterious, seductive, self-destructive - a woman who James Stewart falls madly for and enters her self destructive life.

Very nice job.

Jaques, many of the progressions in this are gorgeous -- and
    the shifting mood and feel of suspension and mystery is highly
    effective. For some reason Tippy Hedron and old Alfred
    Hitchcock movies came to mind...

Very well done!

My best,

Hi Jaques, great piece Man when the harmony started tripping out I loved it.
    Excellent, I look forward to hearing more

You can listen to my latest piece here -

Very nice! Haunting melody, and I love the harmonic progression!
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Thumbs up Re: Pianos & Strings - Filmmusic - GPO and others

Hello my dear friends,

Thanks for your kind and nice words about my little piece here.

Well it's surprise me a little bit that Vertigo and Bernie Hermann comes to the mind of some forum members. I l o v e what he has done for the filmmusic....well.. the progression is very simple minor movement - min 9/11 - maj 7 - min6 and so on - kind of line cliche in it. I was searching my mind for this melody a time. Sometimes it's not easy to get the right melody..The orchestral version is little more extended in counterlines for high violins and horn lines and flutes. I will post it next time. I play also with the idea that the melody has to be played by a psalter or celesta or spinet. My idea is to forming a reflective and mysterious image for this piece. Thanks all of you again for your kind comments and considerations. This forum and GPO is a very nice place to reflect his own scores and to get a bigger "www" audience of listeners and highly professionals like you. I enjoy any thread and comments here.

My best...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast