• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who has a blog?

Share/Bookmark

Who has a blog?

I've had several people tell me I should start a blog, so yesterday I decided to look into it.

At this point, my "looking into it" has only progressed as far as buying "Blogging for Dummies" and reading the first chapter. So over the next few days I plan to surf around and get a feel for what's out there.

So, for those of you who are bloggers, do you have any recommendations for me for a good blogging site, and what options I should be looking for?

Also, a link to any interesting blogs would be appreciated.

Thanks, all.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: Who has a blog?

Hallo!I strongly recommend Wordpress! It's a nice blogging system that'll get you started nicely and give you lots of space to grow in. Read more at http://wordpress.org/Best regards,

I blog over at Wordpress, because I liked being able to seperate posts by subject matter. You can check it out if you like at www.robntweber.wordpress.com. It's almost entirely about music composition and production, but I only add posts a few times per month.

While we're on the subject of music-related blogs, does anyone have any recommendations?

Yup, I have to point you in the direction of Spruijt at http://www.digitalorchestration.com

Maarten, one of the developers from Project Sam; it's a very nice fella sharing his thoughts and tips about - well - digital orchestration.
    Last edited by Carabus; 09-17-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: strange english

Thanks for the input. Wordpress looks like a good way to go. Hopefully I can get this up and running soon.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I have a couple of Wordpress blogs: my main one (which has a small music section, but is mostly "random thoughts") is at www.jerrypettit.com/blog and I have a financially-oriented one at www.pettitfunds.com which you might want to look at just to see how different you can have Wordpress blogs look.

Wordpress has plug-ins that allow you to post your songs to your site and have them play back from your blog.

It's a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryPettit
    I have a couple of Wordpress blogs: my main one (which has a small music section, but is mostly "random thoughts") is at www.jerrypettit.com/blog and I have a financially-oriented one at www.pettitfunds.com which you might want to look at just to see how different you can have Wordpress blogs look.

Wordpress has plug-ins that allow you to post your songs to your site and have them play back from your blog.

It's a lot of fun!
    Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed reading your blog (the one with "random thoughts").

Thanks. I've had lots of good feedback on that one.

Besides the main site at www.wordpress.org which has a forum like this one with lots of help, I recommend a couple of books on Wordpress: BUILDING ONLINE COMMUNITIES WITH DRUPAL, phpBB, AND WORDPRESS, by Douglass, Little, and Smith, and WORDPRESS 2, by Langer & Jordan.

Both books should be available at Amazon.

Thanks for your advice. As of yesterday, I have officially entered the blogosphere! Feel free to drop by and say hi.

http://danpowers.wordpress.com/
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum