• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Topic: "Point - Counterpoint"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Point - Counterpoint"

    All,

    Here is a simple, little woodwind trio that I wrote for flute, Bb clarinet and bassoon. I tweaked and rewrote it a bit today. All instruments are GPO.

    This is "Point - Counterpoint". I The title refers to conversational discourse.

    Regards,

    Larry

    (Larry did not bump this from page two.)

    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    Neat! Very enjoyable little piece. I very much enjoy works for small groups, but I've never had the courage to try one myself. There's just something intimidating about knowing you can't just fall back on a huge chord from the whole string section to create drama.

    For small ensemble the piece has to stand on its own merits, and your piece does just that.

    --gary shannon

  3. #3

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    Another good one from mister counterpoint himself. The instrument blend is very nice. Thanks for posting more of your good music.
    -Jay

  4. #4

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    Neat! Very enjoyable little piece. I very much enjoy works for small groups, but I've never had the courage to try one myself. There's just something intimidating about knowing you can't just fall back on a huge chord from the whole string section to create drama.

    For small ensemble the piece has to stand on its own merits, and your piece does just that.

    --gary shannon
    Thanks a lot, Mr. Gary. Writing for small ensembles IS indeed a challenge but I enjoy composing for this genre.

    Appreciate your listening.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    Another good one from mister counterpoint himself. The instrument blend is very nice. Thanks for posting more of your good music.
    -Jay
    I am muchly obliged, Mr. Jay. Thanks to you.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,015

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    A real pretty piece. Top notch counterpoint as always.

    I think small ensembles really shine with GPO. A nice mix.


    Phil

  7. #7

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    A real pretty piece. Top notch counterpoint as always.

    I think small ensembles really shine with GPO. A nice mix.


    Phil
    It's past your bedtime, Mr. Phil. Now, brush your tooth and hit the sack.

    Thanks for listening to my little trio and thank you for the good review.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    What a charming piece this is Mr. Larry!

    It seems I have less time these days to visit the forums. Your arrangement was a very enjoyable listen!

    Thanks for posting.

    This is indeed a terrific counterpoint study!

    ~Jeff

  9. #9

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    What a fun piece this would be to perform live It certainly shows that less is sometimes more when it comes to instrumentation. Excellent writing, I only wish I had paid a bit more attention now when studying counterpoint in college.

    Lovely work!

    Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

  10. #10

    Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

    You made your Point!! Marvellous
    Great choice of instruments. After some heavy duty composing nice to hear such relaxing piece. Very nice.

    Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •