• Register
  • Help

Topic: Seven-year-old kid sings The National Anthem...

Share/Bookmark

Seven-year-old kid sings The National Anthem...

Y'all,

Listen to this remarkable seven-year-old kid sing The National Anthem. Most grownups don't have the sense of pitch that he has. Incredible!

Larry

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2rvxSUr7w
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: Seven-year-old kid sings The National Anthem...

I'd say that that little boy has a future in voice.......

Remarkable........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hey Larry,

He can sing on any of my songs anytime. He's terrific. Probably the best I ever heard this song.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think that's one of the worst songs ever composed. They should have used "America, the Beautiful" for our National Anthem.

Best, John
    Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!

I agree John, that one would be much better.

Wow, i bet if there were any agents there, they were trying to get that kid signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-Boy

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think that's one of the worst songs ever composed.
    I don't think it is one of the worst, but I do object to it being referred to as "The National Anthem". It is the National Anthem of the United States of America or some derivation thereof. There are several hundred National Anthems as there are several hundred countries.

By the way, I think this anthem is much nicer than our Australian one.

And yes, this child can certainly sing.

The link is gone on this one.

The National Anthem(USA) was originally an popular british drinking song and Key put his words to it.

The problem with it musically is that it is too difficult for the average person to sing because of it's octave plus five melody and the high note is a held e which is very difficult to do for an untrained voice. A trained voice places the e more into the chest, putting less strain on the upper throat.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    The link is gone on this one.

The National Anthem(USA) was originally an popular british drinking song and Key put his words to it.

The problem with it musically is that it is too difficult for the average person to sing because of it's octave plus five melody and the high note is a held e which is very difficult to do for an untrained voice. A trained voice places the e more into the chest, putting less strain on the upper throat.
    No, the link is still there and valid.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins
    I don't think it is one of the worst, but I do object to it being referred to as "The National Anthem". It is the National Anthem of the United States of America or some derivation thereof. There are several hundred National Anthems as there are several hundred countries.

By the way, I think this anthem is much nicer than our Australian one.

And yes, this child can certainly sing.
    National infers one country...in this case that country is obviously The United States. If I had referred to it as the International Anthem, I would have been incorrect. National = one, International = all

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yes, the link was gone but now it is back.

He had a little trouble with the low note at the beginning but the rest is quite good for his age.

Check out this youtube video of the possible next President Of The United States Of America singing The National Anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZ_gXCHaMw

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Yes, the link was gone but now it is back.

He had a little trouble with the low note at the beginning but the rest is quite good for his age.

Check out this youtube video of the possible next President Of The United States Of America singing The National Anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZ_gXCHaMw
    Holy cow! She's completely tone-deaf! Lord help us!

A female U. S. president, perhaps, but one who can't carry a tune in a bucket would be intolerable.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum