• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sheherazade - Mvt III. The Prince And Princess

Share/Bookmark

Sheherazade - Mvt III. The Prince And Princess

The Rimsky-Korsakow "Sheherazade" provides a wonder backdrop for painting use the GPO pallette. Several months ago another posting presented Movement I. Here I have rendered Movement III. "The Prince and Princess" entirely in Finale 2006 using the GPO/JABB full libraries as follows;

Piccolo Solo NV
    Flute Plr 1
    Flute Plr 2
    Oboe 1 Modern
    English Horn 1 Plr 1
    Bb Clarinet Plr 1
    Bb Clarinet Plr 2
    Bassoon 1 Plr 1
    French Horn 1 Plr 1 Open and Muted
    French Horn 2 Plr 1 Open and Muted
    Trumpet 1 Plr 1
    Trumpet 2 Plr 1
    Tenor Trombone Plr 1
    Tenor Trombone Plr 2
    Bass Tombone Open (JABB)
    Tuba 1 Solo
    Violin 2 Strad Plr 1 (cadenza soloist)
    Violins 1 - Lush and Pizz.
    Violins 2 - Lush and Pizz.
    Violas - Lush and Pizz.
    Cellos - Lush and Pizz.
    Basses - Lush and Pizz.
    Harp 1 KS
    Timpani
    Snare Drum (snare and open)
    Triangle
    Tambourine

http://www.box.net/shared/7f0tslja35

A lot of effort was made to incorporate as much musical details into it as possible for the Human Playback, both written markings and performance subtlies for the work, the solist, tempo changes, etc. The results I believe is really quite remarkable.

Enjoy!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Re: Sheherazade - Mvt III. The Prince And Princess

Gary,

This is one of may favorite peices. And you certainly did it justice.

It is an excellent rendering using Finale. Such detail and expression! I find it amazing how far Finale playback is progressing. To think you can do this from the score of notation program would have seemed like a dream a few years ago.

Great work Gary and such a fine job with this. You are quite the master at Finale playback.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to be listening to this all day.

Best,

Gary Garritan

Very nice, you kept the spirit of the piece and reminded me how good this music is.

SergeD

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Gary,

This is one of may favorite peices. And you certainly did it justice.

It is an excellent rendering using Finale. Such detail and expression! I find it amazing how far Finale playback is progressing. To think you can do this from the score of notation program would have seemed like a dream a few years ago.

Great work Gary and such a fine job with this. You are quite the master at Finale playback.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to be listening to this all day.

Best,

Gary Garritan
    Gary,

Thanks for listening and your kind comments.

It's really remarkable how sensitive the Human Playback feature is with its interpretation of the markings. And it works so well with the GPO, equally a fine and remarkable set of virtual instruments. Themselves just a dream to own a few short years ago as well. Finally a tool that produces believeable sound reproduction at an affordable price.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    Very nice, you kept the spirit of the piece and reminded me how good this music is.

SergeD
    Serge,

Thanks for stopping by for a listen and your kind comments.

I really worked hard at making this rendering as close to live performance as I could get it. One can always go further. But it becomes ever more difficult to make significant improvement.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Wow Gary, this is fantastic Such expression, it really does sound beautiful.

Well done

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

This is also one of my favorite pieces and you did a very nice job in realizing it; well done!
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Hello, Gary

I've finally had a window of time to hear your Sheherazade - BIG ENTHUSIASTIC DITTO of what Gary Garritan and the others have said on this thread. Magnifique, my friend!

And there seems to be a Sheherazade convention - or is it duel?--going on. You made reference to Jason "Cubfanstew"s early posts of the first two movements - His most recent post also has movement three on it. I just got through listening to his very admirable version of it also.

VERy interesting opportunity to listen to the differences in renderings of the same piece. In general, yours is much gentler - quiet in fact, I had to turn my speaker knobs Way up. Jason's generally sounds more aggressive.

Congratulations on a fantastic accomplishment - As you said in your post, it was a long project, and I feel you should be extremely happy with the results.

Thank you!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by KeviD
    Wow Gary, this is fantastic Such expression, it really does sound beautiful.

Well done

Kev
    Kev,

Thanks for listening and your comments. It is one of the finest orchestral works around to show off the subtlies of orchestration.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by chesterdesmond
    This is also one of my favorite pieces and you did a very nice job in realizing it; well done!
    Thanks. It is one of my favorite as well. And this was a excellent way to test how far I could push my notation skills.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast