• Register
  • Help

Topic: Step To It (JABB)

Share/Bookmark

Step To It (JABB)

Here's another Jazz piece from my improvisation book.
    Step To It

All JABB except piano (Ivory)

Hope you enjoy and as usual all comments good and bad are most gratefully received.

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

Re: Step To It (JABB)

You didn't warn us it was a tango. I had to jump up and start dancing!

--gary shannon

Here in Holland it is way passed midnight and I loved to end the day with your piece. Great!! Thank you for posting. It is catching and keeps me awake for antoher hour or so.......

Raymond

Kevin,

Very nice work...yes a tango-like work. It is very pleasent to listen to. And the JABB instruments really bring out the best in it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

This is beautiful jazz! Thank you for this .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Thanks Gary S, Raymond, Gary B and Louis. I'm really glad you liked it. I'm loving working with JABB, the expression that it's capable of is just amazing.

Ray - I'm glad you liked it, but sorry if I deprived you of any sleep!!!!

Thanks again

Kev

Loved it! Much enjoyed, Kev -- smooth, subtle, and
    a real pleasure to the ear... a lot of well done nuance
    in this one.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hello, Kev

I'm really glad to see you here again with more of your wonderful jazz.

Man this is good. I see on the thread you're loving working with JABB - that certainly shines through in your music.

There's that Ivory piano again. I remember in your previous jazz posting, it was the one thing that sounded off to me - more artificial than the other instruments. Gotta say it again - It's an OK piano, but wow, you have a Much more successful sampled piano right there in JABB - I think you need to give it a chance.

Thanks, Kev--Looking forward to moooore.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks for listening David, glad you enjoyed it.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello, Kev

I'm really glad to see you here again with more of your wonderful jazz.

Man this is good. I see on the thread you're loving working with JABB - that certainly shines through in your music.

There's that Ivory piano again. I remember in your previous jazz posting, it was the one thing that sounded off to me - more artificial than the other instruments. Gotta say it again - It's an OK piano, but wow, you have a Much more successful sampled piano right there in JABB - I think you need to give it a chance.

Thanks, Kev--Looking forward to moooore.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Hi Randy, thanks for listening. Now then about 'that' piano, I have to confess that after your previous advice I did try this one with the JABB piano, but I really didn't like as much as the Ivory. I know it really is just my personal preference but I find the Ivory to be anything but artificial, to me it is the finest sampled piano I have played (and I have tried all of them at some point or other!). The JABB piano is good, and the fact that it is included as part of a bigger library and not a product in it's own right really does deserve credit, but from a personal point of view it just didn't sound as good to my ears as the Ivory. I hope this doesn't come across as JABB bashing, as I think it is a fantastic library, but I don't own a sample library that I think is fantastic in every area. Some instruments are always more to my tastes than others.
    Thanks again for the feedback and I'm glad you like the piece (if maybe not the piano )

Kev

Go Back to forum