• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2008 with GPO/JABB updates doesn't play nice with old scores?

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2008 with GPO/JABB updates doesn't play nice with old scores?

So I just upgraded to Finale 2008. JABB wasn't working with it, so I upgraded GPO and JABB to Kontakt 2, as advised somewhere on the Finale forum. Now, horror of horrors, my old scores from Finale 2006/7 with GPO/JABB don't play! They get opened as untitled (normal) and when I set to playback with VST, I get "Missing requested plugin: Garritan Personal Orchestra for bank #1. Boo hoo! Does this mean that I have to figure out what orchestra and settings I was using for all of my old scores and re-enter all the GPO information!? Egads... Help? Does anyone have a fix for this problem? It really sucks. I'm reeeeeally disappointed.

OK, sorry, if this has been answered before somewhere else, please let me know and I'll go away...!

Re: Finale 2008 with GPO/JABB updates doesn't play nice with old scores?

I think you do have to reenter / reload all of your information with Kontakt Player 2, yes. It's a new engine, and once you upgrade, Kontakt Player 1.5 won't function anymore (there's a way to get it to if you move some files and folders around, but you'd be better served converting to Kontakt Player 2).

Cerrabore is right, the KP2 is better than KP1, but if you want the easy way out, copy PersonalOrchestra.dll from the FinaleVST folder of your previous version of Finale to Finale 2008\FinaleVST, copy the three .nks files from GPO Library to GPO Library\Konatkt Player 1 backup, open GPO KP1 stand alone and point the player to GPO Library\Konatkt Player 1 backup in Options. The old GPO KP1 should now work in F08.

And yes, it has been answered before, but no need to go away for that

Thank you so much! This works great! Now I'm happy. I can play my old scores with Finale 2008...!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Cerrabore is right, the KP2 is better than KP1, but if you want the easy way out, copy PersonalOrchestra.dll from the FinaleVST folder of your previous version of Finale to Finale 2008\FinaleVST, copy the three .nks files from GPO Library to GPO Library\Konatkt Player 1 backup, open GPO KP1 stand alone and point the player to GPO Library\Konatkt Player 1 backup in Options. The old GPO KP1 should now work in F08.

And yes, it has been answered before, but no need to go away for that

Go Back to forum