• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Martin, DFD update, when?

Share/Bookmark

Martin, DFD update, when?

Martin,

Can you tell us when to expect an update on the DFD problem?

CG

Re: Martin, DFD update, when?

Hi,

sorry for my absense. We are currently working and testing a new Kontakt version for mac and pc which has improved and fixed streaming. We hope that we can release the update in the middle of April but depending on the problems that appear it might also be end of April. We will release the update as soon as we think it is really fixed and improved.

Best,

Martin

Thanks Martin.

One more, are there any \'dreams\' of makeing Kontakt a MAS plug-in insted of stand alone?

And how will it be as an AU? A plug-in, or also stand alone?

CG

Martin,

Another question on the same topic. Is the problem with notes being cutoff during offline mixdowns for DFD instruments fixed in the new version?

/Mattias

One more, are there any \'dreams\' of makeing Kontakt a MAS plug-in insted of stand alone?

Kontakt is already available as MAS plugin for OS 9.
    It might be that we will only support Audio Units and RTAS on Mac OS-X, as Motu has announced that Digital Performer 4.0 will support Audio Units and this would save us development time.

On OS-X we will support all standard formats, VST, Audio Units, RTAS and Standalone.

Another question on the same topic. Is the problem with notes being cutoff during offline mixdowns for DFD instruments fixed in the new version?

I did not have a chance to try this myself, but I think it will be fixed in the next update.

Best,

Martin

It might be that we will only support Audio Units and RTAS on Mac OS-X, as Motu has announced that Digital Performer 4.0 will support Audio Units and this would save us development time.

On OS-X we will support all standard formats, VST, Audio Units, RTAS and Standalone.

I did not have a chance to try this myself, but I think it will be fixed in the next update.

Best,

Martin

Best,

Martin

Mr.Martin Jann

Hi .I`m using Kontakt on a MDD 1GHz Mac
    with 768MB of RAM and the Kontakt version is
    the new DFD version .
    And I have problem`s with the Sampler Mode.
    The mode that loads up the sample all in the
    RAM .

For example , First I load a sample that came with
    Kontakt and use it in DFD Mode. It works just fine.
    Next I switch it to Sampler Mode .
    Then I dont hear anything.BTW , the MIDI signal is allright.
    So , I open the Option and Deactivate the DFD
    feature. And then it works just fine.

It looks like the Sampler Mode doesn`t work
    while your activating the DFD feature .
    Is this only me ? And also , is this problem
    going to be fixed in the next version ?

Veron

I have joined the Kontakt crowd and I am having a blast with the program. I am sure with the support NI gives this program, it will eventually be my main soft sampler.
    As for the DFD problems as manifested by pops and cracks, I have some observations.
    I have tried this program on three systems: the system I built for Kontakt (with only one HDU in the system) does have this problem. If I use the memory only option, I have no problems, but if I use the DFD, the problem appears. However, by playing long MP3 files in this system I hear the very occasional pop. This leads me to believe that the problem is very much related to HDU streaming.
    On the other hand, two other systems I tried (with two HDUs) have no problems at all. This leads me to believe this problem resides in certain HDU and MB combinations.
    I am sure NI will get to the bottom of this issue. Kontakt is still an infant after all and needs to grow. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And you double posters out there, remember you can at least edit one of the posts and remove the text. That is better than two large posts. An important safety tip.

And you double posters out there, remember you can at least edit one of the posts and remove the text. That is better than two large posts. An important safety tip.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I was wondering too;

Why does everyone here double post? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Why does everyone here double post? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum