• Register
  • Help

Topic: Following in Prokofiev's footsteps

Share/Bookmark

Following in Prokofiev's footsteps

So I was listening to Peter and the Wolf and I thought how much fun it would be to write something like that; a narrated story with orchestral accompaniment. I looked up Aesop's Fables on the Internet and they are really short. With stopwatch in hand, I determined that the average Aesop's Fable would last about 3 or 4 minutes, which includes plenty of time for both the music and the narration. Now wouldn't that be a fun little project?

Take, for example, The Ant and the Grasshopper. You'd need the ant's theme, the grasshopper's theme, a theme for the snow and ice of winter, etc., all woven together into a little 3 minute suite. Sweet.

--gary shannon

Re: Following in Prokofiev's footsteps

Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    So I was listening to Peter and the Wolf and I thought how much fun it would be to write something like that; a narrated story with orchestral accompaniment. I looked up Aesop's Fables on the Internet and they are really short. With stopwatch in hand, I determined that the average Aesop's Fable would last about 3 or 4 minutes, which includes plenty of time for both the music and the narration. Now wouldn't that be a fun little project?

Take, for example, The Ant and the Grasshopper. You'd need the ant's theme, the grasshopper's theme, a theme for the snow and ice of winter, etc., all woven together into a little 3 minute suite. Sweet.

--gary shannon
    Well, it is a very good idea. Perhaps I will give it a try, but not just yet. Too many things under construction.

Richard

Re: Following in Prokofiev's footsteps

Hi Gary,

This idea sounds really good to me!
    Such a project suits me as well, but not just now ...
    I hope you do it and that we shall hear some example soon.

Yudit

Go Back to forum