Plug-And-Play INSTANT GRATIFICATION!
Starting September 20, 2007 the huge Ruby and Diamond orchestral libraries will be shipped on portable hard drives instead of DVDs.
Now, because Ruby and Diamond ship on an included portable hard drive, you can preview your new sounds in K2, and hear them RIGHT AWAY with NO waiting or installation!*
Why ship on hard drive?
1. Ease of installation to your hard drive. (Installation could take 4 hours or more using DVDs, whereas with this hard drive, the usual installation time for the 55GB Ruby library is only about an hour!)
2. Since this portable hard drive is plug and play with NO software installation necessary, you can audibly preview instruments directly from the portable hard drive instantly BEFORE you actually install the library. This way, you can pick and choose whatever sections you want to install before the actual installation.
3. The portable hard drive in itself is a great tool since it is a fully functional hard drive.
*While it is true that you can instantly play any VSPro Diamond or Ruby module directly from the portable hard drive, (using Kontakt 2) there are a few things you should know...
1. The portable hard drive that ships containing Ruby/Diamond is designed for easy delivery, installation and previewing of the libraries ONLY. It is NOT meant for actual prolonged use in your musical work. Therefore, you should install the entire library as soon as possible.
2. Once you receive the hard drive, you'll notice that the file structure of Ruby/Diamond is laid out so that you can easily create your own DVD backups. It is strongly suggested that you do this once you have copied the entire library over to your hard drive. Installation for Diamond/Ruby is very simple since it's simple drag-n-drop.