• Register
  • Help

Topic: Matching Sample Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Matching Sample Libraries

Hi everybody,

i wonder about any simple matching solution out there. The only serious project I heared about until know is Garritans "Real Spaces" offering the IR's where vsl, sonic implants, ewql etc. has been recorded. I'm relativeley new to this. Will that be a simple solution that makes it possible to make it like this :

(vsl + Sonic Implants IR) + (WIVI Brass + Sonic Implants IR) + Sonic Implants Strings = perfect mix ?

Or lets say

(vsl woodwinds + ewql IR) + EWQL Strings ?

Or is this more a dream than a realistic expectation and I got something wrong ?

Sorry for my bad english ...
    Logic Pro 7.2 / G5 Dual

Re: Matching Sample Libraries

Sonivox symphonic libraries for GS3 come with a Gigapulse IR of the hall they were recorded in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Essentially - that would be a good start. There are other considerations having to do with proximity effects and such during the recording of the samples and probably some pre-IR EQing to do.
    Another thing to consider is that you're not going to get an EW IR (and probably not a SI IR as well?)

Stephen
    Oh I See. Gettting an ewql IR is not yet easy. I tried to emulate one using a Stick (fading the reverb tail in a destrictive audio edit) and letting the space designer (logic) get an impulse response out of this 2 fragments. This is an old trick I use in order to get an idea how the reverb by itself may sound. Than I rebuild this searching for a similar reverb in my IR-Library but of course its far away from being a good copy of the original ewql reverb which I've been searching for. I thought Garritan sampled the original place where ewql had been recorded (?)
    Logic Pro 7.2 / G5 Dual

Quote Originally Posted by dalek3
    Sonivox symphonic libraries for GS3 come with a Gigapulse IR of the hall they were recorded in.
    Wow thanx. This is good news. I don't yet have sonivox stuff but I like the strings most (compared with strings of other libraries judging by demos) The fact that it comes with the seprate Reverb is a great plus !
    Logic Pro 7.2 / G5 Dual

Does anybody know if Sam Brass has IRs of the recording hall included?
    rothermusic.de

Go Back to forum