• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Another prelude - c# minor

Share/Bookmark

Another prelude - c# minor

OK, time for another prelude. I tried to make this one so it seems to spring out of the prelude in e major.

Here is the new prelude

Prelude in c# minor

Here are the preludes so far. (A little note – remember that I am doing a circle like this (cap=major, lower=minor) – C-a-D-b-E-c#-F#-eb(d#)-Ab-f-Bb-g - Eb-c-F-d-G-e-A-f#-B-g#-Db-bb )

1 – Prelude in C
    2 - Prelude in a minor
    3 – Prelude in D
    4 – Prelude in b minor
    5 – Prelude in E
    6 - Prelude in c# minor

13 – Prelude in Eb
    14 – Prelude in c minor

People paying close attention may remember prelude 13 in Eb as the piano version of my Challenge 13 entry. Shortly after writing it I was listening to Debussy’s Preludes and was struck be how much my piece seemed to fit in, especially with Book 2 of his Preludes. This prelude also seems to start in (which is the expected key in my circle) yet ends in Eb – I think it makes a good transition between the 2 halfs of this. Also, the c minor prelude (actually the first written) flows smoothly out of the Eb one. I might loose the banging chords at the end of the Eb Prelude, but, at least for now, it is going to stay in its spot in this series.
    I also put the c minor prelude (my favorite) back into the sequence this time.

Any comments, good bad or ugly, are much appreciated.

Edit:
    There have been a few problems with this file. If you get an error, try this: Prelude in c# minor
    Last edited by trentpmcd; 09-19-2007 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Some problems with file
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Another prelude - c# minor

Great composition. The volume reminded me of when I lived in Los Anagles and I had a 6' 9" semi-concert grand piano and I would lay on the floor under it while one of my pianist friends would play.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    Great composition. The volume reminded me of when I lived in Los Anagles and I had a 6' 9" semi-concert grand piano and I would lay on the floor under it while one of my pianist friends would play.
    Hi Samantha,

Thanks for listening and for your comments.

I’m not sure what lying under a piano would sound like – I’m assuming it would be very direct (not much room effect) yet slightly filtered by the body of the piano. Interesting place to listen.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thumbs up Re: Another prelude - c# minor

It sounds great Trent and it sounds good enough to make it longer so the listening doesn't end so soon.

Did you know in the title of it while it is playing, it says c% instead of c#?

David

Too short! Yet, I can see how in a whole string of preludes brevity would be nice. Still, if this had gone longer, I wouldn't have complained. I like the fact that the characters of your preludes are all very different. It will make a nice set, indeed.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

These preludes are beautiful. My only complaint is the same as the previous speakers - I wish the prelude in C# minor was longer.

I will keep my eye out for when you post your next one. Great work!

~ Lydia

Trent:

I get the message, "Windows Media Player" cannot find this file.

Would love to listen though.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Trent,

Indeed! A nice piece of tuned percussion.

Hi Trent, fantastic piece I look forward to hearing more.

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

Everyone – about a longer version of this.

Since everyone said something about this I am going to put up a general post. I usually don’t do this, but…

When I write these preludes I have some specific things in mind. With this one I set out with the idea that it would be well under a minute.

I held on to this for a week after I finished partially because I felt I might add to it. The problem is, I can’t think of a way to expand it – I have to add a whole different section or repeat part of what went before. Oh, maybe a measure or two as a closing, but not much more than that.

I might come up with a way to expand it, but for now I won’t. However, I was thinking about taking this little snippet out and using it as a section of a much larger piece. Maybe with a cello line in there… Stay tuned, there may be more on the way...
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast