• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Sonar 7 is out

Share/Bookmark
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Re: Sonar 7 is out

Wow, this is an exciting time. So many new products are coming out, so little money.

-Alex

I want I want.

I'm not one for the agruments over which sequencer is more powerful, as I don't own any others. But I've seen/laid hands on lots of others have never once been tempted to stray.

Still on v. 4, though. Maybe this time I'll spring for it. It'll be 64-bit time for me soon enough anyways....

Belbin

Good heavens! I've bought versions 5 & 6 but hadn't gotten around to using them yet. Still using Sonar 3.0. Will it never end?? And is there anything in 7.0 that's really usefully new?

Carl

Looks like they've finally added multilane controller editing. I've been wanting that for a long time.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Still on v. 4, though. Maybe this time I'll spring for it. It'll be 64-bit time for me soon enough anyways....

Belbin
    If you skipped a version then I guess you drop off the loyal Cakewalk user special upgrade list. It's will be $229 for Sonar 7 if you skipped 6. For you it will be $249.
    Funny as Finale does their annual upgrade, I can still upgrade Finale 3.7 for the same price as a recent version.

Quote Originally Posted by carlmsmith
    And is there anything in 7.0 that's really usefully new?
    If you are doing a lot of orchestral composing, the Piano Roll View (PRV) has been improved quite a bit, with customizable tools, multi-lane controllers, editing selected notes only at the same time, and more. The new GUI is really pro looking. Though it has been around for a while, arranging instrument sections by folder in the track view is great when you have 300+ tracks of instruments to keep track of. Lots of new toys included as well, instruments and pro audio plugs (great for mastering). 32 and 64 bit versions so time to go dual core 64 bit. With the new included synths there is a version of GPO included. With the new tools and the ability to key-bind almost everything, you can really eliminate lots of wasted motion get a real work-flow going. lotsa stuff...
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    . With the new included synths there is a version of GPO included.
    Nothing like bloatware. Most of the synths they have included are bad and some are freeware.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    If you are doing a lot of orchestral composing, the Piano Roll View (PRV) has been improved quite a bit, with customizable tools, multi-lane controllers, editing selected notes only at the same time, and more.
    Ok Sonar, you now have my attention. (interesting timing btw...)

you know, I had been considering writing an open request document to all DAW manufacturers containing my ideal key/piano/matrix editor. Seems to me there's still a massive amount that could be done to this most basic of editors - to enable truely fast and precise editing. Am most intrigued to learn more about Sonar's improvements in this department

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    If you skipped a version then I guess you drop off the loyal Cakewalk user special upgrade list. It's will be $229 for Sonar 7 if you skipped 6. For you it will be $249.
    The web shop says 94€ for "Upgrade from SONAR 1-6 (Studio/Producer Editions)".

Go Back to forum