• Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: The Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Orchestral Libarary

Share/Bookmark

The Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Orchestral Libarary

Hello composers from around the world,

I have been using the Sam Horns and True Strike Library, GPO and Vienna
    in my work.

I also use the Sonic Implants String Collection which really works for me.
    I feel that this String Collection allows me to score a full string section with a great sense of accuracy and musicality not found anywhere else.

I feel that the same thinking and philosophy has gone into the Sonic Implants Brass, Woodwinds and Percusuion Libraries as well. However, you really can't tell how good it is until you actually work on it. And yes it's pricy but is it worth it? Before I do purchase this collection could anyone write about their impressions and work experiences using this library?

With thanks,
    Allan Kane
    Toronto, Canada

Re: The Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Orchestral Libarary

I have the SI Strings and SI Brass, and I think the brass is as top-notch as the strings are, definately worth the price. I can't comment on the Woodwinds and Percussion but am looking at upgrading to the complete collection because I'm so happy with the Strings and Brass.

On my website:

http://mikeducharme.myknet.org/

At the bottom I have a short demo of the 4-horns bells up patch from the SI Brass playing the Star Trek fanfare unaccompanied, using a bit of Gigastudio DEF filtering and Altiverb reverb.. Threw it together in about 2 minutes.

I think the audio demos on the Sonivox MI website don't help. If anything, they made me skip this entire collection.

(i.e. I just recently purchased the Sam Brass collection instead of the Sonivox Symphonic Brass).

The only part of their Symphonic Collection that gets a lot of praise, and has lots of feedback from users is the "Symphonic Strings".

IMHO, "Sonivox MI" should replace the current audio demos with much better ones, that might tempt me to jump out of my seat, and order them ! For now that is not the case.

I also find the feedback on their symphonic collection (Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion) very limited, and evaluating their Brass and Woodwinds is not that easy from the demos, or other user feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by muziksculp
    I think the audio demos on the Sonivox MI website don't help. If anything, they made me skip this entire collection.
    I agree 100%. Their Strings and Brass both sound a LOT better than the demos let on. They should get new/better demos made at some point.

I really think the SI demoes are world class. That's the problem; these writers can make anything sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    I really think the SI demoes are world class. That's the problem; these writers can make anything sound good.
    "World Class" ?

Sorry, but I don't hear that in their demos...believe me, I'm all ears ! and I'm still waiting for some "World Class" demos to demonstrate the "World Class" samples of the Symphonic Orchestra by Sonnivox.

can anyone comment on the SI woodwinds? Of all the SI demos, the woodwinds are definitely put in the worst light. Those demos don't sound good at all!

I think that they are really good. I have gotten some great results from them.

Quote Originally Posted by muziksculp
    I feel just the same.

ive worked a bit with the Si brass collection, and well...im not realy that impressed to be honest.

They sound ok , not great, but very similar to alot of other sound libs out there, kinda ...very generic in the sound , they dont relay stand out, either positively or negatively. Imo offcourse.

They main problem for me , was the editing of the samples, very inconsistent with regards to attack and release times.
    Velocety curves were very midi-ish, and i found it difficult to work with it to a satisafactory manner.

Now it also must be said this was an earlier giga version, so things might have improved a bit since then.
    But the funtionally of the lib was very 1998-ish to me, and not at all on the same level as VSL or EWQL.

I donnu how the K2 version is, but from a sound perspective..i think they are unspectacular and too expensive.
    Im curious about the remaining titles of the collection though, as im in perticular always looking for good percussion, and woodwinds.

so you Si freaks ,dont kill me, that was just my impression of the brass.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast