• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO KP2+new serial?

Share/Bookmark

GPO KP2+new serial?

Okay, I just got my copy of GPO (KP1) along with Finale 2008 yesterday, and I installed everything this morning. This is probably me just being paranoid, but according to my understading from the wiki on upgrading GPO to KP2, the new seriel number should be sent to you automatically. I upgraded and did the whole bit to GPO around noon today, it is now 7:00 my time and still no seriel for GPO KP2. What gives?

Sorry if this is just a misunderstading and I'm just being paranoid.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Re: GPO KP2+new serial?

Did you request a new serial number? To request the serial number, you have to click the What's this? next to the item on the updates page that says something like "Click the What's this link". If you already did that, your email client may have blocked the email (mine did). Don't worry, go to http://www.native-instruments.com/in...action=MngAuth (You may have to log in). That should give you your KP2 Update serial number if you had already requested it. Confusing process, yes, but worthwhile for the new features such as convolution reverb and more control over your libraries.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Yes, I did click the link and go through the whole stuff to get the seriel. I'll try that link you gave me now. Hope it works.

Edit: I checked the page and it doesn't show up, it's still showing my regular GPO number, not the KP2 one. It looks like NI never sent the new seriel.
    Anthony Abruscato

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Quote Originally Posted by raz.bari.88
    Edit: I checked the page and it doesn't show up, it's still showing my regular GPO number, not the KP2 one. It looks like NI never sent the new seriel.
    I had the same experience, an email to NI explaining what happened got it sorted.

I checked the page and it doesn't show up, it's still showing my regular GPO number, not the KP2 one. It looks like NI never sent the new seriel.
    I had the same experience. My initial SN is showing and the NI Service center shows this as an invalid number. How do the get the new number?

Thanks,
    Gordon

Okay, it's all sorted out.
    I don't know if it was on my end or there's, but I completly uninstalled everything that had to do with Native Instruments, including Finale and Sibelius, and I did a registry sweep. I reinstalled only GPO and asked for the new seriel, and a got the conformation email, and the new seriel.

I kind of think the problem was on there end though, but everything works now. And thank god because I was about ready to through my computer out the window.
    Anthony Abruscato

Go Back to forum