• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: several pieces

Share/Bookmark

Arrow several pieces

Hello fellow composers,
    I've been using GPO for quite a while now, and I don't think I've ever posted any of my works here. Probably afraid of cricitism I guess.

Anyways, I'm giving the link to my webpage where you can find some music. I hope this doesn't break any rules, couldn't find anywhere a "no-no" to that. The page is at http://www.marioberlinguer.com.

The pieces where I used GPO the most are:
    basically everything that is in the "commercials" section,
    "english mystery" in the "miscellaneous" section. Everything else is either previous to my purchase of GPO, or acoustic, or made with other instruments or... made with GPO but I've forgotten.

Send comments if you'd like to, either here or using the form on the website.

Best
    Mario
    Last edited by Mario Berlinguer; 09-20-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: I wanted to add an icon

Re: several pieces

I would suggest an alternate link for audio only. I could not play the video smoothly, and it was very chopped up, so I was not able to listen to your music. What method did you use? I can watch YouTube videos with no problem.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Mario.
    Never be afraid to post your work here especially with GPO. I'm having the best time of my life meeting, hearing new composers from all over the world! Why should you be left out?
    I couldn't open any of your files to listen to, sorry. If maybe you can post separate from your web site (which is very inspirational) maybe there would be more of a chance. It may also be my connection here at the school. Some links are allowed and others are not. It all depends on the query I guess.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing your music.

Respectfully
    Styxx

Thanks to both. As of now I can't use anything else than my website, unfortunately. There's some on http://www.myspace.com/marioberlinguer, just excerpts and not much done with GOP (besides English Mystery).

I'm starting to understand that the system i've used to play music on my site isn't that good. The files are rather big, it needs a fast connection and there could be firewall issues.

What I would suggest for now is to try again, wait for the complete download of the file, and then play it again. It takes a little more time but it should work. I would appreciate.

thanks again
    Mario
    Last edited by Mario Berlinguer; 09-20-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: mistypings (probably some left!)

also...
    I found that there were to html mistakes in the pages with the music. The tag "body" started before the tag "head" closes... and I forgot to identify one of the objects in the window. It usually worked nevertheless, but it may have caused some delays and some computers may have refused to open the files.... I think I fixed that on every page, please let me know if you still have problems.

Thanks
    Mario

Hi Mario,

I listened to a few pieces on your web site. I had no problems with anything under “Miscellaneous” section and the videos under “Commercials” also came up without a problem. Not sure what is happening with the other people…

I really like your music a lot. There is some excellent work on your web site and all with different character – the contrast between the piano piece Variazioni su un Tema di Schumann and the organ piece Pater si non Potest couldn’t be greater – both are pieces I really enjoyed. I also liked the GPO piece, English Mystery.

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully the problem will be solved so the others can also enjoy your music.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Berlinguer
    What I would suggest for now is to try again, wait for the complete download of the file, and then play it again. It takes a little more time but it should work. ...
    I tried that. When I hit play again it started the download all over and still stuttered very badly. What little fragments I could hear sounded very nice.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

I don't know if its my ear, or if it is actually the timing, but in commercial 2, it seems as though the percussion has a high rubato setting, causing them to skid on a few beats in terms of the tempi. And now that I listen to it again, I'm more sure of it. The only reason that that problm is so prominent is because the actual music to a musician can get lost when your ear is listening for what once was a consitent beat and then it changes ever so slightly. To a trained ear sounds like its being played by a beginner percussionist. Try turning off the rubato. And then notice the security it gives the ostinatto.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

A warm welcome, Mario!

I regret I had little success with your website; but I did
    get to listen to the several snippets on your alternative
    MySpace page... quite a breadth of styles, but -- I would
    very much like to hear more!

Perhaps you might look into sites like Box.net for hosting
    full .mp3's of your work for us.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr
    I don't know if its my ear, or if it is actually the timing, but in commercial 2, it seems as though the percussion has a high rubato setting, causing them to skid on a few beats in terms of the tempi.
    You're right, it sounds wierd, but it's not "rubato settings", it's me playing it that way. I sort of liked it, but you're probably right.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast